The Staff Chemistry

dembewbs

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Do you guys and gals believe that our recruiting is going so well because we actually have a staff that can get along? Seems like all the coaches get along really well and no egos are butting heads....

Reactions: 6 people
One word recruits., it does not hurt to have TKJ and Jalen commit so early, this way the others will follow, plus the recruits know that they can play for a coach that can make a halftime adjustment, i guess more than one word.:)

Reactions: 1 person
I can tell you one thing Dave Hart better go ahead and be setting the $$$$ back because that is what is going to keep this "family" together not to be negative but other teams are going to try and split this group up asap at the end of this season. We will see if they got the balls to stay and finish what they started. Dave Hart and Cheek sit the money back because around Nov-Dec the next three years there is going to be a dog fight trying to pluck our coaches.

I can tell you one thing Dave Hart better go ahead and be setting the $$$$ back because that is what is going to keep this "family" together not to be negative but other teams are going to try and split this group up asap at the end of this season. We will see if they got the balls to stay and finish what they started. Dave Hart and Cheek sit the money back because around Nov-Dec the next three years there is going to be a dog fight trying to pluck our coaches.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This group already makes more than Ole Miss' staff (who pulled in a top 5 class last year) and most of them make a whole lot more than they did last year and alot more than anyone else was willing to offer them.

Loyalty is a two way street. Butch has been extremely loyal to his assistants. His assistants wont leave for just anything.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with that----I know everyone gets worked up over "the best staff in America" comments but coaches seem like a loyal bunch...Dooley selected some good coaches himself but it just didn't work. You can't just manufacture chemistry---Butch COULD have hired a whole new staff, but why would he? He's won with his guys and had success---fan criticism be damned.

Reactions: 3 people
A lot of these coaches are loyal to Butch. Don't forget he didn't have to bring any of them with him to UT and they all got huge raises. Of the non-cincy hires, Thig, Martinez, Gillespie, and Coach Z, I dont see any of them jumping to another school unless its for a major promotion, which I cant see them getting at the moment. Thig and Martinez are freshly fired don't forget, and Gillespie is known for his loyalty. Plus at this point most of them have young families, they won't be in a hurry to uproot their kids and wives again for a lateral move. Plus I fully believe that with Butch, coaching jobs at UT will become more prestigious than under Dooley, if he wins as I hope he will.

we bettrr enjoy the kool aid this summer because after thr fla game the tone n thread subjects will be much different.
not saying right or wrong but back to back losses no matter what our expectations r will set this board on fire...imo

we bettrr enjoy the kool aid this summer because after thr fla game the tone n thread subjects will be much different.
not saying right or wrong but back to back losses no matter what our expectations r will set this board on fire...imo

Somebody with know-how hold on to this post...need to read it with the BUTCH CAN'T RECRUIT posts when a laugh is needed
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Do you guys and gals believe that our recruiting is going so well because we actually have a staff that can get along? Seems like all the coaches get along really well and no egos are butting heads....

^Actually a good point! Clearly the coaches under Dooley were not always on the same page, and probably not the same book! :banghead2:

So far, so good. It seems Butch has a way of making people feel they belong, and he cares. Let's see when the adversity comes in.
GO VOLS!

Our recruiting reflects the positivity of our program on a national level. We may not get the results we desire this year; however, recruiting doesn't go all for not - it's a process on which we are way ahead of schedule on!

VN Store

Back