The Swamp Rat Returns

Vol67

The show will air 11-1 pm Monday thru Friday on AM 850, AM 1290, AM 1400 and another AM station. Dewey will also have a Saturday morning show I believe from 9am to 11am on the same stations.

Herb Newton Nissan has made this possible as the dealership will host Dewey each day in Oak Ridge. Very good news for the Knoxville area as Dewey's homespun humor and knowledge of NASCAR and college football were missed greatly by his fans. Be sure to tune in for the return of the Swamp Rat!

Thanks 67. I guess that starts next week? I couldn't find it yesterday.

I loved this guy when I was growing up. I cut my Volunteer Teeth on Dewey and Charlie Fulton, well .... maybe I didn't cut my teeth, but they were some of the stars when I was about 13 or 14.

Hey Freak, will his programs be streamed on the net?

I'd love to hear him.

Warren, Fulton and Wyche along with Dickey brought UT out of the single wing era

That is great news. I'd love to know if it was streaming on the internet. I wasn't alive when he was playing, but i've heard all about it sitting around the table at thanksgiving. now if I could find hid jersey from the bowl game he gave me.

Originally posted by Vol67@Aug 23, 2005 11:56 AM
Warren, Fulton and Wyche along with Dickey brought UT out of the single wing era
[snapback]130182[/snapback]​

I remember an interview someone did with Bubba Wyche after the big upset in Birmingam during the 67 season. It was the first game Bama had lost in over 20 games.

The interviewer asked Bubba, "How do you pronounce your last name?"

Bubba said, "It rhymes with 'Yiche!'."

Great days to be a Volunteer.

He also beat Bama his senior year.

I haven't been able to find it streaming on the net.

VN Store

Back