The trend of officials refusing to relinquish power

lawgator1

In the last few years, seems to me we have seen a very concerning trend that our public officials do not know when to hang it up. This is not limited to Democrats or Republicans. Examples from each:

Biden. He will not step aside and insists on running again at 81 years old. Ridiculous.

Lloyd Austin. Not only does he hang on to power when he shouldn't, he does not ensure that the powers that be know he's out of commission.

Trump. Won't give up the presidency when it was time.

Santos: refuses to step aside until the House expels him.

Menendez. Still won't resign despite mounting evidence of misconduct.

Seems to me our public officials need a refresher course in understanding that a time will come when its someone else's turn to run things. Quit letting egos drive the bus.

In the last few years, seems to me we have seen a very concerning trend that our public officials do not know when to hang it up. This is not limited to Democrats or Republicans. Examples from each:

Biden. He will not step aside and insists on running again at 81 years old. Ridiculous.

Lloyd Austin. Not only does he hang on to power when he shouldn't, he does not ensure that the powers that be know he's out of commission.

Seems to me our public officials need a refresher course in understanding that a time will come when its someone else's turn to run things. Quit letting egos drive the bus.

Did you see Trump's address from the Oval Office today?

Oh wait...

He did give up power. Didn't agree with it, but he's not POTUS any longer.

Now I am going to be worried when he wins overwhelming in November and Democrats don't want to give up control.

a couple more congress people refusing to give up power after corruption charges.
supreme court members not leaving and one staying until death.

too much power.

Did you see Trump's address from the Oval Office today?

Oh wait...

He did give up power. Didn't agree with it, but he's not POTUS any longer.

Now I am going to be worried when he wins overwhelming in November and Democrats don't want to give up control.
As a father of a newly dating aged daughter Martial law can't get here quick enough. Being home by dark sounds about right to mešŸ˜

Reactions: StarRaider

Some of these things are not like the others.

As a father of a newly dating aged daughter Martial law can't get here quick enough. Being home by dark sounds about right to mešŸ˜
the best time to clean a gun is when a suitor comes for a visit (from my experience of dating the daughter of an fbi field agent)

Reactions: Sandman 423

Countdown to Northam Resignation - VolNation

Heard a bit of his press conference today. Not very convincing. He should clearly resign.

Maybe you shouldn't vote for Biden or Trump? The problem is us. Not them.

jmo, but I think it's less about power and more about these positions now having paid staff that essentially do most of "the work" for them. Honestly... why would anyone in their 70's or 80's (especially with the retirement plan and benefits they have) want to keep on working? The only answer I can think of is because it's not hard work... at all.

VN Store

Back