The Upcoming Year

surrealvol

Well, I'll be, here I am starting another thread. Hope this one turns out to be a good one.

EVERYONE jump on this one and do your thing. Here's the deal:

Tell everyone who you think will have the BIG, BIG year for us this year. One, two, three, or even eight or ten of the guys. You can even tell us why you think this will be so-and-so's big year.

Come on now, give us your predictions. I am thinking that Ainge and Meachem are going to put on a show. And Mahelona will ROAR, literally ROAR!

What do you think?

I think that Cory Anderson is going to have a great year. He is quick for 270 pounds, is a good blocker, has soft hands and carries the ball well. He will probably end up being one of Tennessee's top 5 fullbacks of all time.

With the blocks that Anderson is going to make coming through the hole that our OL opens, I expect Riggs to have a great year as well. If he can remember what he ate before the SECCG, he will have a GREAT year!

Erik Ainge will be even better than last year
Wilhoit ( if he's well ) will be the decisive factor in a few games and deliver
Gerald Riggs will live up to all the hype and make us proud.

From my keyboard to God's ear. ( eye?)

:worship:

Mahelona will lead the SEC in sacks, we will start somebody at QB, There will be at least 15 fire RS threads, 12 fire CPF threads, 8 Casey bashing threads, CC will post 34 pics of his fiance, (or is that wife now?), LIO will tell someone to "Bite Me" 167 times, GA will again post Ric Flair as his avatar, Otis will be back come football season and will be drunk, Milo will defend the Pac-10 strength of schedule 34 times, Freak will ban 13 bammer flamers, kiddiedoc will give at least 14 members advice on strange rashes, donsargegolf will give us his opinion about RS 67 times, and I will pad a post somewhere along the line, oops my connection to Jean Dixon is breaking up...... but seriously folks I just hope this team lives up to the high expectations.... they have the talent but they will need the heart, I hope all this off the field crap doesn't blow the team's chemistry.

I think our best player is going to be kevin simon. I am hoping he is a al wilson type presence on the field for us. with him at linebacker, Mahalonea Man handling the o-line, and allen and morley shutting down the wideouts, we will have our best defense ever. Simon and gaither are going to be so good this year I just can't wait.

and just how good our defense is, our offense is that much better. AInge is going to be a stud. And when I mean stud I mean he is going to put up peyton type numbers with Casey Clausen ice water veins. Riggs can have the best year ever for a tennessee running back, even though our o-line is hurting, Arron Sears will lead the way for Riggs to bust through the holes. And with Anderson as his lead block, It could get nasty out there.

But best of all, the wideouts. WIth Hannon, Meachum, and Smith out there tearing up the field, we are going to be very very dangerous.

Oh yeah and lets not forget, we brought in the best recruiting class tennessee has ever had ( coming out of highschool that is).

So I see a national championship run for the next three years, maybe 5 if crompton plays to his potential. Then lets not forget we are proably pulling in Jimmy Clausen once he graduates. Man we are going to be good.

This the hardest year to predict that I can recall. We face 5 teams with new coaches from winning programs. They didn't get there by being bad coaches and any one of them would like to knock off the the big bad Orange in thier first year to validate themselves. I think we have reason for concern. We could very easily be 6-5 because FLA, LSU, and ND will definitely have TN circled and a win could help establish thier new coaches as having arrived. ND has our Old OC and Georgia is going to have revenge on it's mind after TN embarrassed them at home. And you never know what the Ole Ball Coach has up his sleave. If he wins one game this year he would want it to be Tennessee. Alabama is suppose to be improved and after the the struggle we had with KY and Vandy last year. there is not a team on our schedule that we can overlook. One thing is for sure. If we do run the table and go undefeated or even have one loss, we will definitely be the most deserving National Champs in recent history but history being what it is, I think 8-4 is the most realistic. I hope that I am wrong.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Apr 25, 2005 3:03 PM
but history being what it is, I think 8-4 is the most realistic. I hope that I am wrong.

:bad: I don't think that I like your assessment. Please try again! :lol:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Apr 25, 2005 3:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 25, 2005 3:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TBALLVOL@Apr 25, 2005 3:03 PM
but history being what it is, I think 8-4 is the most realistic. I hope that I am wrong.

:bad: I don&#39;t think that I like your assessment. Please try again&#33; :lol: [/quote]
Me either, but I understand exactly what he is saying. Gone are the days when you could run down a schedule and pick out sure wins . . .

OWB, I&#39;ll put it this way as would the Swamp Rat. I&#39;d rather be lucky than good. TN is good. I don&#39;t have the faith for them to be good and lucky. But I&#39;ll give you one more game and change my prediction to 9-3 but that&#39;s throwing in some luck.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Apr 25, 2005 3:22 PM
But I&#39;ll give you one more game and change my prediction to 9-3 but that&#39;s throwing in some luck.

Well, that&#39;s a little better I guess. What would you say if they put a beating on UAB, LSU and UF to start off the season?

Parys, Mahelona , Allen, Riggs, Ainge, Meachem, Morely, yes..Morely..i believe he&#39;ll come in a be HUGE&#33;..Simon, and Gaither :good:

oh yeah and Storm will insult LIO on a daily basis and be the recipient of most of those "Bite me&#39;s" and he will also let some smarta** newbie know that he is the dark lord of the nation and will not tolerate any B.S.

Originally posted by VOL_AHOLIC@Apr 26, 2005 10:42 AM
gaither
simon
mitchell
haralson
toeaina
sears
meachum

rookies:
bolden
briscoe
rawls
henderson
foster

What about Morley?

i dont know about morley. saw him get burned a few times at the army all american game.

never saw anything too impressive in his highlight tapes either. he closes pretty well and tackles well.

then again, he could be a total stud that was having a bad day.

Parys Haralson should drop QB&#39;s as well or better than anyone in the SEC
Omar Gaither just plain scares me&#33;
Cory Anderson just plain scares DB&#39;S
C.J. Fayton will make even more unbelievable catches
Jesse Mahelona will be a team leader in tackles (for loss)
JA&#39;Kouri Willia
ms should emerge as the tandem R/B?
Albert Toeania & Arron Sears will be the anchors of the OL
Gerald Riggs will be a top sec rushing leader

Kevin Simon has the year we&#39;ve all waited for
Jason Allen will lead sec in break-ups & INT&#39;s
Roshaun Fellows will be 2nd in sec INT&#39;s
Jonathan Hefney solid as any DB

At QB? if its Clausen he&#39;s a leader and Field Generial doesnt get shook easy puts mistakes behind him quickly able to open the play book and formations
If its Ainge his pin point accuracy and strong arm will lead SEC
Jim Bob Cooter again leads the team in crowd applause&#33;

Last but not least Coach Trooper Taylor :rocks: will lead the team in tackles,bruises,broken bones&#33; LOVE that Guy Ive seen the difference he&#39;s made in only his 1st yr at UT. CPF as the recruiter he&#39;s known to be isnt only player orieanted

i worry about Allen toughness and tackling.

i also worry about claussen&#39;s ability to throw outside the pocket and how he "looks the whole way" to his receivers.

no doubt that riggs, fayton and mahelona will do just as senior leaders are supposed to.

i forgot about anderson. he would be plain scary if i was 180lbs watching him rage into the secondary.

ps. tropper taylor is the man&#33;&#33; :bow:

he was definately a highlight that should have been on the 04 video.

that dude has more energy than most of the players. :clap:

T.T just keeps things full speed&#33; He&#39;s fun to watch live&#39;

You could jus see the difference he made to the running backs&#33;

He showed up and says "ok everyones" slate is cleaned now lets see what you can do&#33;

And always the first off the sideline for a chest bump high five or jus plain ol jump on the back of a player and ride him to the ground.

Personaly think he made the difference for Rigg&#39;s

for sure about TT and GR. I hear that he was a really titty baby at Red Bank.

this coming from a current coach.

VN Store

Back