The Vol Navy

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Anyone know the scoop on the Navy? I am about to be the proud owner of a new boat (orange and white, of course) and was wondering about the ins and outs of tailgating on the river. I heard somewhere that the boats get banged up sometimes as you have to just tie together with the limited dock space.

Any help/info is appreciated, and I'll post pics when it's ready in a couple of weeks!

kiddiedoc,
I've done it a couple of times in the past, but never with my boat because it was only a 20 footer.

I think those involved with the Vol Navy are fairly seasoned boaters and know what they are doing. however, there is alcohol involved.......

What kind of boat?

Nothing crazy -- just a medium-sized deck boat. It'll move, though, and I figure I could get down there comfortably from West Knoxville in less than an hour.

A friend of mine told me that he would try to either find somewhere nearby to dock or wait until just before gametime so as to be at the end if I had to tie together. Otherwise, people have to trample through your boat. 'Course, I could always cover it and just let people walk on the swim platform?

VN Store

Back