The Vols are in playoff contention midway through the season

I think the majority of posters on this board seem to have higher expectations. Yes, we have loads of talent, but let’s not forget Nico is still very young and inexperienced, only playing 7 full games as a college QB. I anticipate 9 wins, with 2025 being a true year we could see the playoffs. If we sneak in this year, great, then we are ahead of schedule

I think the majority of posters on this board seem to have higher expectations. Yes, we have loads of talent, but let’s not forget Nico is still very young and inexperienced, only playing 7 full games as a college QB. I anticipate 9 wins, with 2025 being a true year we could see the playoffs. If we sneak in this year, great, then we are ahead of schedule
Good post and good point (s). Some of us remember Peyton’s sophomore year and how good he was in only his second year. That may be where some of this is coming from with Nico.

I’m not saying Nico is a Heisman contender. I wouldn’t even say he’s an above average SEC QB at this point, but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re 5-1 and still in the hunt.

Reactions: Gatlinburgvol
You’re giving Nico a massive cushion. The fact is he should be playing better. He’s just missing open guys and standing like a statue in the pocket. It really sucks considering how much he’s making

A loss next week pretty much ends contention since this team isn't beating Georgia on the road. And even if we do win i don't trust this team not to blow it with a clear path like they did against Arkansas. Hope they prove me wrong.

A loss next week pretty much ends contention since this team isn't beating Georgia on the road. And even if we do win i don't trust this team not to blow it with a clear path like they did against Arkansas. Hope they prove me wrong.
LOL. Your team just got their azz kicked. 😆

You’re giving Nico a massive cushion. The fact is he should be playing better. He’s just missing open guys and standing like a statue in the pocket. It really sucks considering how much he’s making
He is missing throws but he's not sitting in the pocket like you claim. Everytime he rolls out they get called for holding

VN Store

Back