The Wildcat and Other Formations

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul 2m
Butch said they started working AJ Johnson worked some offense in practice, Curt Maggitt as well.

Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul 1m
Jones said you'll see more formations with two and even three tight ends and a fullback. Offense is growing week to week.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 51s
JONES: We're working on a wildcat a little bit with Pig Howard and Justin Coleman.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok here's why. I need you to know I'm gonna do something tricky. Now figure out how it's gonna look . While I'm working on other parts of my offense

i bet we dont use these formations against WKU. i think we will use them against Oregon, to try to out power them since they have the speed

Bajakian has a whole part of his playbook to trick plays. Watching his past offenses, he could call more than 15 of them in some games. Coach was calling in vanilla plays last week so nobody can scout them. I hope everyone on here already knew that. In this day in age, creativity of the playbook is important. It's a perfect way to take advantage of an exhausted team later in the game.

Reactions: 5 people
Bajakian has a whole part of his playbook to trick plays. Watching his past offenses, he could call more than 15 of them in some games. Coach was calling in vanilla plays last week so nobody can scout them. I hope everyone on here already knew that. In this day in age, creativity of the playbook is important. It's a perfect way to take advantage of an exhausted team later in the game.

This. I also expect us to be pretty vanilla this week too. UK put up over 400 yards against WKU. (or something crazy like that) I think our vanilla run game will dominate WKU

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This. I also expect us to be pretty vanilla this week too. UK put up over 400 yards rushing against WKU. (or something crazy like that) I think our vanilla run game will dominate WKU

Kentucky had 419 yards total offense, 216 of which was on the ground. However, they had only 32 running plays and averaged an impressive 6.8 yards per carry (see Kentucky Wildcats vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers - Box Score - August 31, 2013 - ESPN). We should, indeed, be able to run the ball effectively against Western Kentucky.

Reactions: 2 people
Any time spent preparing for trick plays takes away time for preparing for all the rest of our offense.

Love to make them wonder.

Any time spent preparing for trick plays takes away time for preparing for all the rest of our offense.

Love to make them wonder.

While true to an extent, this thought is overrated. Rex Ryan thought the same last year.

While true to an extent, this thought is overrated. Rex Ryan thought the same last year.

Not really.. Only takes cbj 1min to say it. Will take hours of game planing for. Any time focused elsewhere is an advantage IMO. Nothin to lose by saying it, a little to gain.

Not really.. Only takes cbj 1min to say it. Will take hours of game planing for. Any time focused elsewhere is an advantage IMO. Nothin to lose by saying it, a little to gain.
A minute taken away from the normal gameplan is no doubt a success...I don't think WKU is taking hours game planning for wildcat though.

A minute taken away from the normal gameplan is no doubt a success...I don't think WKU is taking hours game planning for wildcat though.

Might not take that long to game plan if you seen us run it before. But gotta think of every possible way maggit, Johnson, pig and Coleman could do something.

This. I also expect us to be pretty vanilla this week too. UK put up over 400 yards rushing against WKU. (or something crazy like that) I think our vanilla run game will dominate WKU

Actually, it was only 216 net yds rushing, but who's counting?

Maggit can't stay healthy to save his life, and they're working on a wildcat package for him?

Either he's lying or he's an idiot. Have to believe he's just throwing something out there.

VN Store

Back