Theronos Founder Suffering in Federal Prison

I hope I have it this rough when I go to an assisted living facility. Looks like an awful penalty for defrauding people out of millions of dollars.

But white privilege is totally not a thing. Especially blond white girl privilege.

Reactions: tbh
When the American Medical Association began to question Elizabeth Holmes claims about Theranos, Holmes invited then-US Vice President Joe Biden to tour the facility. Biden praised what he saw, but Holmes and lover Ramesh Balwani had created a fake lab for Biden to tour.

The Wall Street Journal broke the case wide open after exposing the massive fraud.

But white privilege is totally not a thing. Especially blond white girl privilege.
Her CEO and partner in the business was from Pakistan. Sorry for the inconvenient truth. Your predictable and pathetic white privilege narrative doesn't apply here. Surprised you didn't also link this to climate change, systemic racism and Russia.

I think people enjoy trying to mash down real life into something stupid, really, to do bias conformation and make life seem simpler. This was a complex crime, really. Theranos was a big company chasing a dream of a fabulous product, founded by a complete ignoramus. If you're in that situation, naturally, you're going to burn up all the money. Every time. And so it's really just the luck of the draw whether some department of some government decides to lock you up.

I don't think it's fair to think of her as a liar or some sort of "fraud" person. What she was is really an ignoramus who believed that she knows better than everybody else, and they should all just give her their money. She truly believed that, I'm sure.

FTX is a great example of this too. The people who ran it were just simple children who printed play money and did all sorts of amazingly unsophisticated acts. It was an amazingly unsophisticated operation.

P.S. I can't believe she was sleeping with that dude. What a psycho. Both of them, really.

I think people enjoy trying to mash down real life into something stupid, really, to do bias conformation and make life seem simpler. This was a complex crime, really. Theranos was a big company chasing a dream of a fabulous product, founded by a complete ignoramus. If you're in that situation, naturally, you're going to burn up all the money. Every time. And so it's really just the luck of the draw whether some department of some government decides to lock you up.

I don't think it's fair to think of her as a liar or some sort of "fraud" person. What she was is really an ignoramus who believed that she knows better than everybody else, and they should all just give her their money. She truly believed that, I'm sure.

FTX is a great example of this too. The people who ran it were just simple children who printed play money and did all sorts of amazingly unsophisticated acts. It was an amazingly unsophisticated operation.

P.S. I can't believe she was sleeping with that dude. What a psycho. Both of them, really.

She knowingly falsified demonstrations of the technology and worse, deployed it knowing it didn't work for use with real patients. She wasn't just dumb - she knowing lied about the technology and put people at risk. Now maybe she thought it would eventually work but that doesn't excuse the fraudulent behavior.

She knowingly falsified demonstrations of the technology and worse, deployed it knowing it didn't work for use with real patients. She wasn't just dumb - she knowing lied about the technology and put people at risk. Now maybe she thought it would eventually work but that doesn't excuse the fraudulent behavior.

Theranos, knowing their blood testing technology was a fraud, even sent some tests to legitimate companies to be tested, then claimed the results were from Theranos.

The Silicon Valley mantra of "fake it till you make it," doesn't work when your innovation requires FDA approval. She also added her name as an inventor to some patent applications concerning the development of the Edison device which she hadn't worked on. Ian Gibbons did. Basically, she took credit for someone else's invention ... which didn't even work.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
She knew how to play it. Blonde hair, big eyes and the dark turtlenecks as per Jobs. But my favorite is the deep voice which she never uses anymore, apparently a total affectation.

I'm sure she would have had the same success if her skin color was dark black with her hair curly.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are white aren't you?
I love how white people virtual signal about how bad their own race is, but it's okay to be white as long as you condemn white people.

You guys have a problem with differentiation between acknowledgement and condemnation.

She knew how to play it. Blonde hair, big eyes and the dark turtlenecks as per Jobs. But my favorite is the deep voice which she never uses anymore, apparently a total affectation.

I'm sure she would have had the same success if her skin color was dark black with her hair curly.

The Britney Griner voice adopted by Holmes was called a fraud from the beginning by a Stanford professor.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Theranos Fraudster Elizabeth Holmes says she can't afford $250-a-month Restitution Payments to pay back $452 MILLION she scammed when she's released from Texas prison in 11 years

• Holmes' attorneys said she has 'limited financial resources' and should not be put on a restitution payment schedule
Theranos fraudster Elizabeth Holmes has said she will not be able to afford $250-per-month in restitution payments when she's released from prison in 11 years.

Holmes and Ramesh 'Sunny' Balwani, her business partner and former longtime love interest, were ordered by the court to pay more than $452million in restitution to a number of victims of their fraud.

An attorney for Holmes argued before a judge she has 'limited financial resources' and should not be made to pay $250 a month in restitution once she is released.

71702409-12191137-Disgraced_Theranos_founder_Elizabeth_Holmes_takes_a_stroll_throu-m-39_1686683848943.jpg

Disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes takes a stroll through the prison yard in Bryan, Texas days after reporting for the start of her 11-year sentence

Holmes and Balwani owe $125million to Theranos investor Rupert Murdoch, and lesser amounts to 13 other victims of their fraud - including Walmart and Safeway.

Elizabeth Holmes' attorneys say she can't afford $250-a-month restitution payments | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Elizabeth Holmes living in $13,000-per-month estate, showing ‘no remorse’: feds

January 20, 2023 1:40pm

Disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes is living a life of luxury in a $13,000-per-month estate while appealing her conviction on various fraud charges, the feds said in a court filing.

“There are not two systems of justice — one for the wealthy and one for the poor — there is one criminal justice system in this country,” government attorneys said in the filing, according to Bloomberg.

The property where Holmes has stayed since the trial requires roughly $13,000 in monthly upkeep alone, according to the filing.

Holmes lived on the grounds of a $135 million Silicon Valley estate throughout her trial, according to multiple reports in 2021. The 74-acre estate is located in Woodside, Calif., less than an hour away from the San Jose courthouse where the trial took place. It’s unclear if the estate is the same one referenced in the court filing.

elizabeth-holmes-green-gables-001.jpg

A view from the home Holmes previously stayed at in Silicon Valley.

Elizabeth Holmes living in $13,000-per-month estate, showing 'no remorse': feds

VN Store

Back