This made me sad.

Volnanza

The one thing that was legit for LSU the other nigh was their running back John Emery Jr. He was by far the best back on the field and in some ways, he reminded me of Herschel Walker. Great power and a good burst. Also really good speed. I just read that he tore an ACL and is done for the year and that this has happened multiple times before. I don't know him but I can't help but pull for him. Keep pushing young man.

The one thing that was legit for LSU the other nigh was their running back John Emery Jr. He was by far the best back on the field and in some ways, he reminded me of Herschel Walker. Great power and a good burst. Also really good speed. I just read that he tore an ACL and is done for the year and that this has happened multiple times before. I don't know him but I can't help but pull for him. Keep pushing young man.

I agree, I hope things get better for him

HS football got my knees and I am beginning to think my hips are shot too. I can't imagine the wear and tear at elite CFB levels.

agreed. I never want injuries. especially when it hits a guy in his payday year.
Unfortunately Emery never would have drafted up. IIRC, he already had two ACL's. This is his 3rd. By all accounts, he's a great guy. When healthy, which is not much, he is incredibly talented. Hate he has to go through this again emotionally. THat's tough. My son has a friend at Coastal that started at ND as a TE. He has torn his ACL once at each school. He's listed as a JR, and just completed only his 6th healthy game in his college career. Had 4 games on special teams as a frosh at ND before injury, and 2 rotating at TE at Coastal this season. Point being, this kid had 19 D1 offers coming out of HS. Got buried on ND's depth chart, and after his ACL, his best transfer was to Coastal? Pro's aren't much more forgiving. Then again, at 6'4 230, maybe he needs to move to the slot.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
This is a necessary evil in Football. This is why I am not that upset about the safe rules. Now I do think Targeting could be changed (I like the call, I just don't like the one infraction, you are ejected rule. Unless it is flagrant, I think it should be two strikes before ejecting a player).

VN Store

Back