"Thunder" Thornton

gatorhater_35

vn guru in waiting
I read an article that said he wore a cap today to the game that said "Fire Mike Hamilton". Does anybody know for sure if this is true?

Last edited by a moderator:
If thats true, i can see why phillip has been around so long. His supporters were complete idiots.

Last edited:
Yeah after his quote in the Chattanooga TFP saying that I know Phil will be alright in whatever he does, but I'm not sure about the UT athletic department or football team or something along those lines - I knew the guy was a complete joke.

He acts like Fulmer is some sort of god and we're doomed without him.

If that's true, it would just be another case when some rich guys thirst for power reached grandiose proportions. In my experience, incredibly wealthy individuals such as Mr. Thornton have nothing left to prove and begin to only gain motivation through power. If he was opposed to firing Fulmer he probably orchestrated this stunt not out of loyalty to Fulmer, but out of a childish need to always get his own way. These kind of twerps fancy themselves almost God-like and think that their opinions matter more than us common folk.

Just my opinion...

Thornton is a joke.

Shouldn't he be at a Bulldogs volleyball homecoming game or something.

I hadn't heard that but I don't respect a man that does have a voice about UT's athletics but makes the comments he said this week. You know he was behind the decision but once it happened didn't want to been seen as that. How do you give $50 million for an athletic facility (and more) and not have a say in coaching decisions? IMO he didn't want to hurt an "old friend" after the fact. I also think that's why MH say that others were involved in this process. He needs to step up and be a man and not hide from what he knew was right!

I hadn't heard that but I don't respect a man that does have a voice about UT's athletics but makes the comments he said this week. You know he was behind the decision but once it happened didn't want to been seen as that. How do you give $50 million for an athletic facility (and more) and not have a say in coaching decisions? IMO he didn't want to hurt an "old friend" after the fact. I also think that's why MH say that others were involved in this process. He needs to step up and be a man and not hide from what he knew was right!
Thornton has donated NO WHERE NEAR $50 million to UT. He's not worth much more than that.

You are thinking about Jim Haslam.

He is just mad because from what I understand him and Phil were business partners about something at sometime... Can someone confirm?

John Thornton owns land in Jackson Hole Wyoming that, at last count, was valued around $100,000,000. He developed much of this property and is selling it for $1,000,000 an acrea. So Mr Thornton is worth in the billion dollar range.

John Thornton owns land in Jackson Hole Wyoming that, at last count, was valued around $100,000,000. He developed much of this property and is selling it for $1,000,000 an acrea. So Mr Thornton is worth in the billion dollar range.

that math doesn't make much sense to me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

and you get Dick Cheney as your ranch hand

I didnt know the state of Wyoming was worth $1,000,000 :pardon:

He also has a big ass house in "Thunder Farms" in Ooltewah TN. Peyton was supposed to buy one in "Thunder Farms" but i don't think it ever went though!

Anyone play Tennessee National? Is that course even open to the public? That is Thunder's isn't it?

If that's true, it would just be another case when some rich guys thirst for power reached grandiose proportions. In my experience, incredibly wealthy individuals such as Mr. Thornton have nothing left to prove and begin to only gain motivation through power. If he was opposed to firing Fulmer he probably orchestrated this stunt not out of loyalty to Fulmer, but out of a childish need to always get his own way. These kind of twerps fancy themselves almost God-like and think that their opinions matter more than us common folk.

Just my opinion...

I agree with your opinion. Some of these big boosters (not just Tennessee, but in general...) are so intoxicated by their access to a coaching regime that they lose focus on the ultimate goals and overall health of their program.

:crazy: A mil an acre in Wyoming? I don't think so unless it has a $750,000 house on it. LMAO

Wrong on every count.

VN Store

Back