Tiger's Dropped Shot Shouldn't Have Been A Penalty

If you go back and look at the video you can easily see his previous divot in front of him. Based on the rule it was an incorrect drop.

If you go back and look at the video you can easily see his previous divot in front of him. Based on the rule it was an incorrect drop.

according to the rules committee it wasn't until Tiger opened his mouth in the interview

This is just dumb. Tiger admitted he brought it two yards back. That's all the committee needed to hear.

Can't tell anything from the angle pics were taken. So what they draw red circles on pics. Anything to sell a paper!!

This is just dumb. Tiger admitted he brought it two yards back. That's all the committee needed to hear.

Do you have a link to the interview? I haven't been able to find one. It makes no sense to me that he would supposedly drop 2 yards back and take 2 yards off of it. It just seemed odd to take 4 yards total off that shot.

Can't tell anything from the angle pics were taken. So what they draw red circles on pics. Anything to sell a paper!!

It's not a great angle. I believe the rule says "as nearly as possible," Tiger obviously wasn't as nearly as possible, but they should probably draw a bright line rule (i.e. 1 or 2 clubs from spot if identifiable, if not as nearly as possible).

Do you have a link to the interview? I haven't been able to find one. It makes no sense to me that he would supposedly drop 2 yards back and take 2 yards off of it. It just seemed odd to take 4 yards total off that shot.

It's not a great angle. I believe the rule says "as nearly as possible," Tiger obviously wasn't as nearly as possible, but they should probably draw a bright line rule (i.e. 1 or 2 clubs from spot if identifiable, if not as nearly as possible).

no. but it seems quite obvious to take 4 yards off of it with how it was coming into the flagstick.

Ever play tournament golf? It's a gentleman's game. Woods admitted that he dropped the ball back to give himself the advantage yardage-wise. Should have withdrawn as soon as those words crossed his lips (actually should have done it as soon as his ball hit the ground). Listen to most of the other pros and you'll learn that Woods had no business finishing the '13 Masters.

Ever play tournament golf? It's a gentleman's game. Woods admitted that he dropped the ball back to give himself the advantage yardage-wise. Should have withdrawn as soon as those words crossed his lips (actually should have done it as soon as his ball hit the ground). Listen to most of the other pros and you'll learn that Woods had no business finishing the '13 Masters.

Ridiculous

Reactions: 1 person

Most pros came to Tiger's defense from what I've seen.

Reactions: 1 person

Woods' said he did. The photos show otherwise. Who cares what he said. I'm more concerned with what really happened.

Golf isn't a gentleman's game, it's a pretentious one.

The rules that are applied are absolutely moronic. With the technology we have there is absolutely no reason why such a rule can't be aided by a TV monitor.

It's not 1695, golf should get with the times.

VN Store

Back