Tired of Vitale and lovefest for UNC/Duke, say so here.

I disagree with like 80% of the comment you left.

However, Dick V is pretty annoying, and while Duke-UNC is the biggest college basketball rivalry out there (it just is -- I'm sorry, but no statistic will convince me or most people otherwise), it's not THAT big of a deal. Due mainly to the fact that the tournament has rendered the regular season somewhat meaningless.

He needs to retire or read a dictionary. Can't stand how an analyst can be such a homer for a program and conference. Last I checked, the sport featured more than 12 ACC schools.

Disapprove...

While I have to agree that Duke vs NC is the largest BB rivalry, I am absolutely tired of Vitale and his obvious bias toward these schools.

I disagree with like 80% of the comment you left.

However, Dick V is pretty annoying, and while Duke-UNC is the biggest college basketball rivalry out there (it just is -- I'm sorry, but no statistic will convince me or most people otherwise), it's not THAT big of a deal. Due mainly to the fact that the tournament has rendered the regular season somewhat meaningless.

I think Dick Vitale (and ESPN for that matter) should be considered recruiters for Duke and North Carolina and be subject to NCAA restrictions!

All in all, I don't even pay attention to him.

Or many other analysts for that matter.

The interviews and insights I pay attention to are from coaches, guys who actually know the game (for the most part).

So when it comes to Dickie V, for me, approve or disapprove? How about I don't care and he should be allowed to keep doing his thing. Short of a racially insensitive comment, he's at ESPN to stay.

Here's a proposition: have John Ward take Dicky V's place.

I can just hear it:
"Smith cuts, drives, scampers to the basket- it's GOOD and that gentleman was FOULED!"

"Lofton for three... BOTTOM!!!!"

Oh how I miss John Ward...

You just have to take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Dicky V is no more than a cartoon character. But, I think he will get in the hall of fame when its all said and done.

You just have to take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Dicky V is no more than a cartoon character. But, I think he will get in the hall of fame when its all said and done.

Your are speaking of the DC Comics hall of fame of course?

I only watch ESPN news.

And if Vitale is calling a game, i'll usually turn the volume all the way down and listen to old country, old rap, or some southern rock

VN Store

Back