Tn Baseball Recruit

Z06Vol

the captain
Anyone see this kid, Brian Morris, from Tullahoma pitch yet? He's amazing, I hear. 18 years old and throwing a 95 mph fastball consistantly! I'm sure he'll go straight to the pros, but we can only hope.

You would think that a kid with that kind of arm would get nice fat signing bonus waved at him. Competing against the minor league system, it has to be maddening trying to figure out who to recruit in baseball.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 24, 2005 3:33 PM
You would think that a kid with that kind of arm would get nice fat signing bonus waved at him.  Competing against the minor league system, it has to be maddening trying to figure out who to recruit in baseball.
[snapback]97678[/snapback]​

Is there a list somewhere of the guys coming in? I heard the LSU baseball recruiter talking on his weekly radio show. He was saying that you recruit a pitcher as a junior sometimes and then they really develop during their senior year and get drafted.

Originally posted by Z06Vol@May 24, 2005 2:16 PM
Anyone see this kid, Brian Morris, from Tullahoma pitch yet? He's amazing, I hear. 18 years old and throwing a 95 mph fastball consistantly! I'm sure he'll go straight to the pros, but we can only hope.
[snapback]97665[/snapback]​

This is one of the reasons college baseball is so frustrating to me. It must be a minefield trying to decide who to go after and who to give up on because of the $$$$$ from the pros waved in their face. :(

I'm hearing that Brian enrolled at a small community college incase he doesn't like where he's picked in this years draft. Not sure exactly how it works but I think if he signs with a 4 year school he can't re-enter the MLB draft next year.

Anyway, you can see him pitch at the state finals in Memphis this weekend.

Originally posted by Z06Vol@May 24, 2005 10:59 PM
I'm hearing that Brian enrolled at a small community college incase he doesn't like where he's picked in this years draft. Not sure exactly how it works but I think if he signs with a 4 year school he can't re-enter the MLB draft next year.

Anyway, you can see him pitch at the state finals in Memphis this weekend.
[snapback]97921[/snapback]​

I think this is right...if you sign with a 4 year school that are some strict guidelines about when you can enter the draft. Does anybody know what they are?

Righto, for example, Luke Hochevar was elegible as a HS senior, BUT when he signed at UT, he wasn't draft elegible until he finished his junior year (now). Jucos can go pro at any time.

VN Store

Back