TN VS MEM JAN 24th in BB

It will be pretty much impossible to beat the hype and game of last year but I expect another great game between two top 10 teams. I will take UT in this one.

It will be pretty much impossible to beat the hype and game of last year but I expect another great game between two top 10 teams. I will take UT in this one.

I agree, it will be very hard to beat the hype of that game. It will be interesting to see the reuniting of the Laurinberg three with Reke Evans added in there. It is way to early to make a call on this game.

Does anyone know if this will be another GAMEDAY broadcast . I sure hope so , last year really helped both schools in their recruiting imo .

What a great game it was .:clapping:

Does anyone know if this will be another GAMEDAY broadcast . I sure hope so , last year really helped both schools in their recruiting imo .

What a great game it was .:clapping:

No, it's not.

Memphis/Gonzaga is, though.

Maybe it's just me , but I dont see how they could leave this game out of the gameday lineup. I dont know how anyone who watched the game last year wouldn't tune in again and even tell friends about it.:ermm:

1. It's in Knoxville.
2. UT has (arguably) their best player back. Memphis lost their best two (arguably three) players.
3. Even though both teams will have a lot of newcomers, I think it helps to play at home (kind of goes off #1).
4. Pearl was very impressive getting his team a W in Memphis last year. I think Memphis had the better talent but Pearl really knows how to get a lot out of his teams....and this team should be his best yet.
5. Not sure how quickly (if at all) Tyreke Evans and the other 5 new guys gel with the returning players. I believe 3 are already in Memphis practicing and they sound like they are getting along right now. As long as there is no Arthur Barclay/Sean Banks incident.

1. It's in Knoxville.
2. UT has (arguably) their best player back. Memphis lost their best two (arguably three) players.
3. Even though both teams will have a lot of newcomers, I think it helps to play at home (kind of goes off #1).
4. Pearl was very impressive getting his team a W in Memphis last year. I think Memphis had the better talent but Pearl really knows how to get a lot out of his teams....and this team should be his best yet.
5. Not sure how quickly (if at all) Tyreke Evans and the other 5 new guys gel with the returning players. I believe 3 are already in Memphis practicing and they sound like they are getting along right now. As long as there is no Arthur Barclay/Sean Banks incident.

Legit

After reading the last post , this is a real no brainer.

I guess Memphis should probably just mail this one in .:p

Should be good game. Can't match they hype of last years game - it was one for the ages. I'm a Tiger season ticket holder and that was definitely in the Top 5 of any of the home games I've seen. Sorry, the Louisville rivalry in the 80s and Cincinnatti in the 90s were pretty electric.

Didn't really care about the outcome because we would be a #1 seed regardless and a loss would do a lot for us. Also, for that week the state of Tennessee was the center of the basketball universe - not Carolina. At that point I thought that we would meet again in the NC, but BP decided to experiment at point guard in March.

Already booked hotel for January, and look forward to the game. Hope it's not a Gameday Game. We're 0-2 n those lately.

Should be good game. Can't match they hype of last years game - it was one for the ages. I'm a Tiger season ticket holder and that was definitely in the Top 5 of any of the home games I've seen. Sorry, the Louisville rivalry in the 80s and Cincinnatti in the 90s were pretty electric.

Didn't really care about the outcome because we would be a #1 seed regardless and a loss would do a lot for us. Also, for that week the state of Tennessee was the center of the basketball universe - not Carolina. At that point I thought that we would meet again in the NC, but BP decided to experiment at point guard in March.

Already booked hotel for January, and look forward to the game. Hope it's not a Gameday Game. We're 0-2 n those lately.

I agree, those games with Louisville and Cincy were very electric.

For someone who's favorite sport is CBB and loves their home state this was one of the best things that could happen for the state and its fans . Need to mention Vandy was up there at the time too .

The January 24th matchup is going to be great as always. I highly doubt that they do not do another gameday show that morning due to the hype, and ratings that were received last year and continue this upcoming season. This is becoming a heated rivalry and I look forward to it for the years to come.

Sorry, the Louisville rivalry in the 80s and Cincinnatti in the 90s were pretty electric.
Even into the 2000's it was great. 2001 UC @ UM, 2002 UM @ UC, the "Darius Washington Game"....

Didn't really care about the outcome
I hope you were being sarcastic or something.

For someone who's favorite sport is CBB and loves their home state this was one of the best things that could happen for the state and its fans . Need to mention Vandy was up there at the time too .
:good!::hi::rock:
This is becoming a heated rivalry and I look forward to it for the years to come.
Agreed and I think it is great for both programs and the state.

The January 24th matchup is going to be great as always. I highly doubt that they do not do another gameday show that morning due to the hype, and ratings that were received last year and continue this upcoming season. This is becoming a heated rivalry and I look forward to it for the years to come.
ESPN isn't likely to do Gameday from the site of a CBS broadcast.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Even into the 2000's it was great. 2001 UC @ UM, 2002 UM @ UC, the "Darius Washington Game"....

I hope you were being sarcastic or something.

:good!::hi::rock:
Agreed and I think it is great for both programs and the state.

Memphis needed a loss at the time. How else do you get a bunch of teenagers/20 somethings to realize that they are not invincible and DO need to listen to Coach Cal.

We've gotten to where regular season is just a means to an end. March/April is where it is at.

VN Store

Back