Tnvolfan68

OK I have a question about Rivals Stars

Jonathon Crompton #2 position 4 Stars
Chris Scott #2 position 4 Stars
Josh McNeil #1 position 4 Stars
LaMarcus Coker #2 position 4 stars

Makes absilutely no sense to me. Why should the best players at their position
not be considered 5 Stars.

I have been wondering the same thing for some time. I think if a kid is good enough to be one of the top five players at his position, or maybe even top ten, IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY, he should be a five star.

Because they are or aren't good enough to earn five stars. Have you read the help thing on rivals concerning star ratings? An athlete has to have the giant 6.1 rating to hit five stars. Being a five star athlete implies that you are almost a shoe-in for all american, high NFL pick, all that. OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. A player can be the best at his position in the country and still lack that extra bit of talent that makes people say "There's a future NFL star."

OK I have a question about Rivals Stars

Jonathon Crompton #2 position 4 Stars
Chris Scott #2 position 4 Stars
Josh McNeil #1 position 4 Stars
LaMarcus Coker #2 position 4 stars

Makes absilutely no sense to me. Why should the best players at their position
not be considered 5 Stars.

Crompton is the #2 Dropback Passer but he is not one of the top 2 QB's in the nation and that is all they give out 5-Stars for. 1 for the top dropback and 1 for the top dual threat.
Scott is the #2 OG but they only give out 4 5-Stars and they all went to OT's.
Same as above for McNeil.
They graded the Lineman as that due to 1. position shifts in college and 2. Linemen are Lineman no matter where they play on the line.
Coker was the #2 APB but not one of the top 5 RB's overall in the nation.

Rivals a couple years ago thought there should be really something special about a 5-Star rating and they have set a criteria that is hard to meet and so there is fewer 5 Stars given out just as they are fewer 4 Stars given out by them and for the most part they are starting to prove their system works better than most of the others. remember tho like anything else its not perfect but its closer than 99% of the others out there. I have been following the recruiting game for years and spent more money on it then I would like to think (Davis, Emfinger. Lemming. SuperPrep, BlueChips, etc) and so far the Rivals network has come closer than any of getting it right and taking out the bias that is associated with most such as Lemming and ND/Big Ten, Wallace Pac 10, Davis and Bama/ Auburn and Scout with UGA/UF

VN Store

Back