To those traveling to Charlotte Friday Via I-85

dobre_shunka

Interstate 85 will be closed intermittently on Friday to accommodate a visit from former President Donald Trump.

To safely accommodate the Republican presidential nominee's motorcade from Charlotte Douglas International Airport to the University-area of Charlotte, drivers are advised to expect closures along I-85 between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.

"We strongly encourage you to plan ahead and expect significant delays on alternative routes," the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department wrote on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

Drivers can use the northern half of Interstate 485 to avoid the closures and delays. US 74 and US 29 may also be viable alternate routes.

85 closures expected Friday for Trump's visit

Interstate 85 will be closed intermittently on Friday to accommodate a visit from former President Donald Trump.

To safely accommodate the Republican presidential nominee's motorcade from Charlotte Douglas International Airport to the University-area of Charlotte, drivers are advised to expect closures along I-85 between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.

"We strongly encourage you to plan ahead and expect significant delays on alternative routes," the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department wrote on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

Drivers can use the northern half of Interstate 485 to avoid the closures and delays. US 74 and US 29 may also be viable alternate routes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: krichunaka

With the amount of traffic and construction between Greenville and Rock Hill, this might be an improvement.

I had a 10-hour drive from Pinehurst to Suwanee GA last month. šŸ˜©

Reactions: PreacherVol2

I can't imagine how bad I-40 across the Mountains will be Saturday.

We came in from NW on Brookshire around 530pm and they were starting to block the on ramps going S

VN Store

Back