Today's Pressers 8/22/24

The way Nicos face lit up when asked about the Tight Ends was encouraging. Add to that all the praise other coaches have given the TE room makes me feel good about our red zone issues from a season ago. Looking forward to the season ahead. Go VOLS!

Interesting

With limited time to be able to talk to the quarterback, Joey Halzle shed some light on how Tennessee will be using the communication to their best advantage.

“I think the reminders is the biggest thing, where you can talk and you can just tell your quarterback like, hey, you’re in the four-down territory right now,” Halzle said. “Hey, we’re thinking field goal here if we don’t get it on third down. Or you got two downs here, we’re going to go for it. We’re going to go for the touchdown here. Hey, I’m giving you a shot of the end zone, don’t take a sack. Like you get those little quick bullet-point reminders that I think are going to be really helpful that, usually, and you still will on Friday, you go through with your guys, you’re sitting there talking through it. Well now he doesn’t have to commit that all to memory. He’s got it, he studied it, but then he also gets to hear it right before he snaps the ball again.

Halzle used the same word that Heupel used to describe the communication on Monday, further showing how Tennessee plans to use the new rule with their offense: Situational.

VN Store

Back