Toney Baker

TNFanBornandRaised

It literally hurt when I found out he's going to NC State. I moved to North Carolina for 6 months this year and worked at a church at the youth ministry. To my surprise my kids high school was a rival high school of Bakers. I was so excited to get to see someone as good as him plus someone thats so high on Tennessee. I watched this kid play a our team (Northwestern Guilford County) and he had 21 carries 279 yards 4 td's and a catch for like 3 yards. But I was most impressed with his blocking. On the most impressive play I seen from him, the defensive end came around the corner after the tackle blocked down (they were in the shotgun with 4 wide) Baker PLANTED his feet and knocked over a pretty good size defensive end with just his arms. It hurts me we lost this kid to freakin NC State. :flush: He's gonna regret that in a few years when we're in the top 5 and NC state is struggling. He was the best high school football player I've ever seen (Witten was a close second) I actually had the privelege of getting knocked down on a Witten blitz (our school was his rival). But Coker is gonna be a fine back for us :D : :clap:

Who knows, Baker might not even pan out. The Wolfpack was a strange choice, but I think that we have enough good running backs that we haven't even seen.

yeah we are usually so deep in running back its not even funny. i heard lamarcus coker is like a home run back. i dont know if that will work here.

VN Store

Back