Tony Franklin fired

FO.CO. VOL FAN

Just heard on ESPN that Auburn has fired OC Franklin effective immediately. I know they are having some offensive struggles, but firing their new OC 6 games into the season sounds a bit absurd. What are everyones thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Good. He can go sell his offense to high school coaches again.

An over sized ego doesn't come across well when you aren't producing.

Nice to see a program with issues making adjustments to save their season

If Auburn can do so can we
See ya Clawson

I don't agree. Fulmer needs to give him full control of the players and the plays and I think we see much better results.

That said, I am very surprised Auburn fired Franklin this soon.

Well were already 103 in scoring offense, I guess we can fall another 16 places

It's Fulmer and his loyalty. He has always had a scapegoat and this time it is Clawson. He cost us at least 2 games forcing Clawson to go with Crompton, and I think we are seeing the same with Foster. Instead of Foster carrying the ball last week 18 times, Hardesty 7 and Creer none, it should have been more like Foster 9, Hardesty 8, Creer 8. He said they didn't have enough plays but he found a way to get Foster 18 carries. Yeah, Foster does okay, but just doesn't offer the big play threat. You gotta be able to bust open a couple of those run's and take them to the end zone. Let your OC play the players to make the offense productive regardless of records or seniority. John Brice from Volquest said the same thing this morning on the Sportsmonster.

It's Fulmer and his loyalty. He has always had a scapegoat and this time it is Clawson. He cost us at least 2 games forcing Clawson to go with Crompton, and I think we are seeing the same with Foster. Instead of Foster carrying the ball last week 18 times, Hardesty 7 and Creer none, it should have been more like Foster 9, Hardesty 8, Creer 8. He said they didn't have enough plays but he found a way to get Foster 18 carries. Yeah, Foster does okay, but just doesn't offer the big play threat. You gotta be able to bust open a couple of those run's and take them to the end zone. Let your OC play the players to make the offense productive regardless of records or seniority. John Brice from Volquest said the same thing this morning on the Sportsmonster.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I just hold Clawson accountable as the offensive coordinator

If Auburn can do so can we
See ya Clawson

How does getting rid of Clawson solve these problems?
* Defensive penalties to extend opponents drives
* Soft coverage late in the UCLA game
* Interceptions
* Fumbles
* Offensive penalties to kill our drives
* Blocked punts
* Punt returned for a touchdown
* Kick off retuned into our territory
* playing a quarterback who forces you to play a dumbed down version of your offense

How does getting rid of Clawson solve these problems?
* Defensive penalties to extend opponents drives
* Soft coverage late in the UCLA game
* Interceptions
* Fumbles
* Offensive penalties to kill our drives
* Blocked punts
* Punt returned for a touchdown
* Kick off retuned into our territory
* playing a quarterback who forces you to play a dumbed down version of your offense

Some of those things can be affected by Clawson.

video of Franklin cleaning out his office on rivals...pretty classless if oyu ask me.

To be fair, Clawson should be given a good enough quarterback to allow him to implement his full offense.

VN Store

Back