Too Many Bowl Games?

surrealvol

In my opinion, there are way too many bowl games. This thing has turned into a money maker and there are teams going to bowls now that had fairly mediocre seasons. We all know that.

Why couldn't we revamp the bowl process and turn it into a bona fide playoff system to pick a national champion on the field EVERY YEAR?

Im a huge fan of bowl season, I like to watch some of the teams that didnt make all the headlines etc. So i dont believe there is too many,
Its a reward for a long, tough season.

Many as we have seen, have a ton of recruiting problems by being on probation and unable to accept a bid.

I agree it has become a huge $$$$$$ scheme.
If they cut back the bowls, I for one wouldnt be upset if its to lay out a playoff format. Its long over due!

Nah, going to bowls used to be a great thing for a team. Now it isn't....some blame the amount of bowls....I can see that but in reality...winning conference titles is now what going bowling used to be in the 60's and 70's

Getting rid of bowls won't really do much.

I like to see bowl games. All of them. I say let every team with a winning record play in a bowl game. It brings in more money for programs, and extends the season for people like me to watch.

I say have a playoff for the top teams and let all the other winning teams go bowling.

I'm with you Milo. The more the merrier. It gives the players and fans an extra game to get excited about and gives me something to watch in the month of December.

VN Store

Back