Took Saban 22 games to get Alabama to #1

Duckhook

Anyone want to ridicule their pursuit and contract with him now? Anyone want to poke fun about their loss to ULM now?

Better idea: follow their lead, for once. Otherwise, they will own us for the next 5-7 years, period.

What a deal- open up Go Vols Extra to get news of Fulmer's dismissal and there is the lead story Alabama is now #1 in the NCAA! Oh that the glory days will once again come to UT. Wow- what dismal days to be a Vol fan.

True, it took Saban 22 games but it took Alabama half a dozen coaches before they finally got the right coach.

I don't see a "Saban" like coach in the waiting.

The same people that were laughing at Saban were the same ones saying Meyer's offense wouldn't work in the SEC...

True, it took Saban 22 games but it took Alabama half a dozen coaches before they finally got the right coach.

I don't see a "Saban" like coach in the waiting.

Their last NC was in 1992... 16 years ago. If we keep Fulmer until 2014 (16 years after 1998), would having a stable coach guarantee us a NC before then?

I believe Saban, in his first year at Miami, said the losses he incurred that season weren't all that meaningful, as he was building for the future. He received a lot of ridicule over that one, but it looks like he had a similar philosophy for 2007 that's really paying off in 2008.

I believe Saban, in his first year at Miami, said the losses he incurred that season weren't all that meaningful, as he was building for the future. He received a lot of ridicule over that one, but it looks like he had a similar philosophy for 2007 that's really paying off in 2008.

I agree. foundation first.

In the final analysis, the lack of discipline under CPF may have been his downfall.

VN Store

Back