Top 10 Players To Be Announced By Rivals.com Today

JSB2277

The top 10 players will be announced today at 12:00 Eastern time, followed by the release of the rest of the rivals 100, ending n Wednesday

at this time, its not clear when the rest of the ranking will be released.

Does anyone thing Jacques McClendon has a shot to be top 25?

the actual list is premium, but you can still see the 5 star players if you go to the 2006 prospect search and click on the positions

Percy Harvin, a WR from Virginia, is the no1 player overall (btw, he has expressed a strong interest in the vols!)

if anyone has a rivals subscription maybe you could give us a "short summary"? :whistle:

Rivals.com Class of 2006 Five-Star Prospects
*1. PERCY HARVIN 6-foot-1 188 lbs. WR Virginia Beach (Va.) Landstown
*2. ANDRE SMITH 6-foot-5 328 lbs. OL Birmingham (Ala.) Huffman
3. MYRON ROLLE 6-foot 204 lbs. ATH Princeton (N.J.) The Hun School
*4. LESEAN MCCOY 5-foot-10 193 lbs. RB Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt
*5. CARL JOHNSON 6-foot-6 325 lbs. OT Durham (N.C.) Southern
6. TAYLOR MAYS 6-foot-3 210 lbs. ATH Seattle(Wash.) O'Dea
7. ALLEN BRADFORD 5-foot-11 219 lbs. LB Colton (Calif.) Colton
8. SAM YOUNG 6-foot-8 280 lbs. OT Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas
9. CHRIS WELLS 6-foot-1 228 lbs. RB Akron(Ohio) Garfield
10. SERGIO KINDLE 6-foot-4 225 lbs. LB Dallas Woodrow Wilson
11. MARCUS BALL 6-foot 200 lbs. OLB Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson
12. AL WOODS 6-foot-4 329 lbs. DT Elton (La.) Elton
13. MITCH MUSTAIN 6-foot-3 200 lbs. QB Springdale (Ark.) Springdale
14. GERALD MCCOY 6-foot-4 305 lbs. DT Oklahoma City (Okla.) Southeast
15. STAFON JOHNSON 6-foot-1 210 lbs. S Los Angeles Dorsey
*16. ANTONIO LOGAN-EL 6-foot-4 307 lbs. OT Forestville (Md.) Forestville
17. MATTHEW STAFFORD 6-foot-3 210 lbs. QB Dallas Highland Park
18. DEMARCO MURRAY 6-foot 185 lbs. RB Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman
19. BRANDON GRAHAM 6-foot-2 235 lbs. ILB Detroit Crockett
*20. VIDAL HAZELTON 6-foot-2 192 lbs. WR Staten Island (N.Y.) Moore Catholic
21. RESHAD JONES 6-foot-2 177 lbs. S Atlanta Booker T. Washington
22. DAVID AUSBERRY 6-foot-4 200 lbs. WR Lemoore (Calif.) LeMoore
23. TIM TEBOW 6-foot-3 225 lbs. QB Jacksonville (Fla.) Nease
24. DARRIN WALLS 6-foot-1 175 lbs. DB Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills
25. STEPHEN SCHILLING 6-foot-5 280 lbs. OT Bellevue (Wash.) Bellevue
26. JAMAR HORNSBY 6-foot-4 195 lbs. ATH Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood
27. EDDIE JONES 6-foot-3 225 lbs. DE Kilgore (Texas) Kilgore

* - Has interest in Tennessee

According to rivals 4 out of the top 5 have us on their list. The only one missing being Myron Rolle at #3. Does anyone have info on the other 4. How strong is their intrest, do they have family ties to UT, grew up loving UT, have firends here, etc?

Also Marcus Ball at #11 has some intrest in us even though rivals does not show us on his list. We are also trying to get a couple of his Stone Mountain Teammates to come here. That High School was loaded this year.

Look for Ball to go outside of Tennessee or even Georgia.

I expect him to go far away from the state of Georgia.....

These are Ball's top interest:

Auburn
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
Ohio State
Oklahoma

other than p harvin, a smith, l mccoy, and c johnson, the only other ive seen with interest in ut are stafon johnson, vidal hazelton, and stephen schilling. if i had to guess, id say our best chances are with harvin, smith, and c johnson. i say our chances are slim with s johnson and s schilling because they are from the west coast. id not heard much of mccoy and hazelton being interested in ut until lately. id say we dont have much of a chance with a smith or p harvin because theyve shown fsu lots of love. c johnson is a toss up, ive heard he really likes uva, but who knows? its early and we could get all 7.

7 of them are committed already: c wells to ohio state, s kindle and e jones to texas, a woods to lsu, a logan-el to maryland, m stafford to georgia, and b graham to michigan. of those 7, only stafford is leaving the state.

personally, im not happy with this list. i dont see how jacques mcclendon, clifton geathers, and micah johnson didnt make the list. all 3 were jr all americans. mcclendon is expected to be top 25 will johnson is expected to be top 15. i dont know what happened to change their minds about these 3. id never heard of some of these players, ie hazelton and bradford.

does anyone happen to have a list of rivals jr all americans or rivals pre evaluated top 100 from earlier in the year?

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@May 31, 2005 5:54 PM
other than p harvin, a smith, l mccoy, and c johnson, the only other ive seen with interest in ut are stafon johnson, vidal hazelton, and stephen schilling. if i had to guess, id say our best chances are with harvin, smith, and c johnson. i say our chances are slim with s johnson and s schilling because they are from the west coast. id not heard much of mccoy and hazelton being interested in ut until lately. id say we dont have much of a chance with a smith or p harvin because theyve shown fsu lots of love. c johnson is a toss up, ive heard he really likes uva, but who knows? its early and we could get all 7.

7 of them are committed already: c wells to ohio state, s kindle and e jones to texas, a woods to lsu, a logan-el to maryland, m stafford to georgia, and b graham to michigan. of those 7, only stafford is leaving the state.

personally, im not happy with this list. i dont see how jacques mcclendon, clifton geathers, and micah johnson didnt make the list. all 3 were jr all americans. mcclendon is expected to be top 25 will johnson is expected to be top 15. i dont know what happened to change their minds about these 3. id never heard of some of these players, ie hazelton and bradford.
does anyone happen to have a list of rivals jr all americans or rivals pre evaluated top 100 from earlier in the year?
[snapback]99738[/snapback]​

Of course I have them.

VN Store

Back