Top 100 Reasons to love CFB (espn)

volsfansince4387

7. And all of the notes of the "Tennessee Waltz," played by the Pride of the Southland Band.

60. I love great helmet designs. The 10 best: Wisconsin, Tennessee, Bama, Penn State, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, TCU, Notre Dame.

62. Uga IX. Tennessee's Bluetick hound. In fact, any canine mascot.

66. I love fight songs, no matter how annoying. My faves: Michigan's "The Victors," Notre Dame's "Victory March," Georgia Tech's "Ramblin' Wreck," Oklahoma's "Boomer Sooner" and Tennessee's "Rocky Top."

84. Taking a boat to a game at UT or U-Dub.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: 9 people
Rocky Top deserves to be mentioned ahead of those ear-bleed tunes from other schools, and how in the name of Aunt Ethel is Penn State and Alabama mentioned in the same sentence as "great helmet design"?

Reactions: 7 people
But 99 of the 100 reasons involve UT! This guy sucks, even drunk I could name 70 of em....

Bama gets more lovin than Gene Simmons... BUCK FAMA.. we are the 100 reasons of why college football is great!!

That's right, Corso. Kiss it and allow it to impart its majesty.

420120915105521001_t607.JPG

Reactions: 6 people
Rocky Top deserves to be mentioned ahead of those ear-bleed tunes from other schools, and how in the name of Aunt Ethel is Penn State and Alabama mentioned in the same sentence as "great helmet design"?

I'll buy that, but someone needs to also explain what makes our helmet so special as well. I see a lot of people talk about it, but I can't quite figure out what sets it apart so much outside bias. Is it not just our logo with an orange stripe? Don't a million of schools have their logo on their helmet with a colored stripe?

regardless, GBO!

Yes, with 2 exceptions.

You played at Florida.
Your last name is Fowler.

Obviously, this ESPN writer didn't see the need to consult the almighty Chris Fowler for his take on anything good about Tennessee. Poor guy probably got repremanded or fired.

As for the Gators, I'll quote a fellow Vols fan..."Fluck Forida!"

I'll buy that, but someone needs to also explain what makes our helmet so special as well. I see a lot of people talk about it, but I can't quite figure out what sets it apart so much outside bias. Is it not just our logo with an orange stripe? Don't a million of schools have their logo on their helmet with a colored stripe?

regardless, GBO!

Color - there is no other orange like Tennessee orange, and the T is oversized imo. Bold, kinda in-your-face T. Jmo though.

regardless, GBO!

Would you like it better if it was chrome or maybe if the orange was glow-in-the-dark? It's great because it's classic, and as recognizable as any helmet out there. Any college fan anywhere can see it and instantly know that's Tennessee's helmet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There's nothing like seeing that sea of orange on Cumberland and around campus on game day.

Would you like it better if it was chrome or maybe if the orange was glow-in-the-dark? It's great because it's classic, and as recognizable as any helmet out there. Any college fan anywhere can see it and instantly know that's Tennessee's helmet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Relax. I don't want to change our helmet. I don't even like the idea of us wearing grey. Every college has a recognizable helmet because basically every college has their logo and a stripe on their helmet.....just like us. So I understand when someone's singles out the Michigan Helmet as cool or unique. When someone singles out the UT helmet and says it is special because it has our school colors on it.......I'm skeptical. I then just assume they like it because they like Tennessee and not because there is anything particularly special about it. Judging by the responses I am probably right.

I was just trying to be partisan. I mean our helmets are my favorite Helmets too, but I am able to recognize that I only think that because I have an utterly ridiculous obsession with UT sports.

I was just trying to be partisan. I mean our helmets are my favorite Helmets too, but I am able to recognize that I only think that because I have an utterly ridiculous obsession with UT sports.

Our helmet just has that je ne sais quoi. It may be understated by comparison, but that is also part of its appeal. Same thing with the Bama helmet. Something we can't define really well sets them apart from others.

VN Store

Back