Top 50 College Football Players in 2013 (Tiny Richardson)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
38. Antonio Richardson [OT(Jr) - Tennessee] Beat out eventual third-round NFL Draft pick for tackle job. Held Jadeveon Clowney sackless. Not bad feathers to have. Also 6’6″ 327. Factoring in their 2013 line and the skill talent that was eligible to return, you can sort of see what Derek Dooley was trying to build there, at least on offense.

Top 50 College Football Players in 2013 | The Big Lead

Reactions: 3 people
He'll be a top ten pick regardless if it's after this season or next.

Not if he gets injured.

As a football player, he stands at a fairly high risk of injury. Take the money while it's there.

Look at all the guys who dropped considerably bc they decided to stay one more year when they were for sure 1st rounders.

Go ask Matt Barkley if he thinks Tiny should stay

Reactions: 1 person
Not if he gets injured.

As a football player, he stands at a fairly high risk of injury. Take the money while it's there.

Look at all the guys who dropped considerably bc they decided to stay one more year when they were for sure 1st rounders.

Go ask Matt Barkley if he thinks Tiny should stay

Completely different instance and position but ok

Completely different instance and position but ok

I'm too lazy to look, but it would be interesting to see out of all the players who were considered a first round draft pick and came back for an extra season how many were seriously injured.

Still, linemen get a lot of wear and tear so if you can go early and make the big bucks as a first rounder then you should. I'd think the risk of injury in general, even if the numbers indicate few people get hurt in that scenario, would be enough to make me tell most people to go pro.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm too lazy to look, but it would be interesting to see out of all the players who were considered a first round draft pick and came back for an extra season how many were seriously injured.

Still, linemen get a lot of wear and tear so if you can go early and make the big bucks as a first rounder then you should. I'd think the risk of injury in general, even if the numbers indicate few people get hurt in that scenario, would be enough to make me tell most people to go pro.

Not just injured. Dropped significantly should be as well.

I mean, Barkley, Locker, etc just recently.

Georgia, Alabama, USCe, and Oregon all have multiple players on that list. Surprised Florida only has one.

Hopefully this class is the beginning of multiple UT players on that list in years to come.

Last edited:
Not just injured. Dropped significantly should be as well.

I mean, Barkley, Locker, etc just recently.

That's what I was getting at. My point being if you are already at your peak in the draft, why risk playing NO MONEY ball another year instead of having one more year in the NFL to make money.

If he doesn't stay his senior year I wouldn't blame him; however, if he does, it would be huge for the incoming class and the progression of the QB race.

I'm a huge proponent of education but if Tiny is projected 1st Round... he should go.

Thought the same about Eric Berry and others. Staying another year at UT is not going to make you the money to compensate if you're a projected 1st at the end of your JR year and then get injured in your SR year and go in the 3rd-4th Round.

VN Store

Back