Trev Alberts

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
did anyone see the sportscenter show a week or so ago when he said heisman hopefulls were gerald riggs.. and then he went on to say "he has a good shot but you never know about the play calling down in knoxville" what the heck is that..

It made absolutely no sense. And if you watch Trev Alberts much, you know that he has a penchant for saying idiotic stuff like that. He doesn't have a particular vendetta, he's just an all around meathead.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time...if you put a lot of stock in anything he says, you deserve the grief!

I seen that and thought what an idiot. Trev Alberts hasn't like us since last year when we made his national championship bound "mighty" bulldawgs heal in their own back yard. Surprisingly, Corso is really high on us this year. That other guy, Kirk Herbstreit (sp?) is always high on us. We'll just have to see what next year brings but I hope Riggs is a Heisman front runner and beats out AP and that hippy from USC LOL. Should be an interesting race.

Originally posted by Smokey_Vol@Jul 19, 2005 11:09 AM
Fulmer ball is perfect for Riggs. Pounding the rock.
[snapback]115816[/snapback]​

Do you really believe what you just said? Ok so if Fulmer's offense is perfect for the Heisman then your saying that Jamal, Henry were all just underserving? Let's look at recent past concerning our Running Backs.

Jamal shared time with Henry
Henry shared time with Stephens
Stephens shared time with Houston
Houston Shared Time with Riggs
Rigg WILL SHARE TIME WITH SOMEONE (Probably Coker but he wilol share.)

And by definition a back that shares will not win the Heisman. Riggs will put up 1300 yards and alot of TD's. And whomever the back up is will get 700-800 yards. If Fulmer would make Riggs the Every down back hed have over 2000 yards and a shot at the Heisman.

BUT FULMER'S/SANDERS OFFENSE IS NOT IDEAL TO WIN THE HEISMAN.

Otherwise Tennessee would have a few more in the running over the years. Major's was the last right? In the ICE AGE of college football. I hope he surprises us and gives Riggs the rock. But he won't because then it would appear that winning the Heisman was a major goal. He will share the ball and keep his backs fresh. A strategy that may not get us Heisman's but made him and us one of the winningest programs around.

Do you really believe what you just said? Ok so if Fulmer's offense is perfect for the Heisman then your saying that Jamal, Henry were all just underserving? Let's look at recent past concerning our Running Backs.

Jamal shared time with Henry
Henry shared time with Stephens
Stephens shared time with Houston
Houston Shared Time with Riggs
Rigg WILL SHARE TIME WITH SOMEONE (Probably Coker but he wilol share.)
i agree with you to a certain extent but look at all those backups that recieved some sharin time.. there ALL in the pros and doin pretty good. but we have ever had the situation like we have now in a long time. When was the last time we had a FOR sure startin tb that has the capability to gain over 150 yards a game..? the closest one was stephens and he was WAY underrated

Trev Alberts doesn't hate Tennessee, Trev Alberts basically talks down about every school not named Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska, and USC.

Go to a Texas message board and they'll claim that he hates UT, go to an Ohio State message board and they'll claim that he hates them, go to a Florida State message board and they'll claim he hates them, Tennessee hasn't done anything to make him dislike them because he in general talks down about every school.

Exactly. Like I said, he doesn't have a vendetta, he's just an empty suit.

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Jul 19, 2005 3:56 PM
i agree with you to a certain extent but look at all those backups that recieved some sharin time.. there ALL in the pros and doin pretty good. but we have ever had the situation like we have now in a long time.  When was the last time we had a FOR sure startin tb that has the capability to gain over 150 yards a game..? the closest one was stephens and he was WAY underrated
[snapback]115978[/snapback]​

Not sure I understand where you're coming from there on a few points. One, I wouldn't start betting that Riggs will rack up 150+ a game. That's high expectations facing some of the defenses we will meet, especially on the road. Two, we definitely have some talent behind Riggs (some would argue MORE talent, just less experience). It is in our "coaching nature" to shuffle backs and shuffle linemen -- keeping fresh bodies out there to pound and pound and pound.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Gerald put up big numbers. But, I could care less about the Heistman and certainly would not ask our coaches to hurt the team's chances at a NC run by changing their coaching style in order to get yards for an individual.

My :twocents:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jul 19, 2005 8:35 PM
.. we definitely have some talent behind Riggs (some would argue MORE talent, just less experience).
[snapback]116120[/snapback]​

I would argue that.

As far as the Heisman, I think Fulmer needs to go start training Roshaun Fellows to be good enough to go steal the Heisman from Chad Henne in 2007. That would be the greatest irony in the history of college football.

Trev says some bonehead stuff sometimes, but who doesn't? I enjoy Trev and Mark both. I really enjoy the College Gamenight that comes on at midnight with Rece Davis and Trev and Mark.
If he takes a cheap shot, who cares...just take it in stride. I think he and Mark are comical when they "argue."

I don't think Fulmer Ball is "pounding the rock." I think it is "Establishing the ground game." We pass off of the success of the running game. "Pounding the rock" makes it sound like we pass twice a game.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 21, 2005 10:41 AM
"Pounding the rock" makes it sound like we pass twice a game.
[snapback]116541[/snapback]​

Really? I think the phrase refers more to a style of running. Not a lot of fancy trick plays, not a real glamorous, high-flying kind of offense. . . .but more of a "we're coming right down your gut and you're not going to stop us. We're bigger, stronger, and meaner, and you're goning to get beat down." THAT'S "pounding the rock."

"we're coming right down your gut and you're not going to stop us. We're bigger, stronger, and meaner, and you're goning to get beat down." THAT'S "pounding the rock."

perfect description but I would add " and on the next down, we're gonna do it again!"

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again I do believe anyone in my list above could have gotten 150 yards a game if they did not share. Stephens was not the best in my list. Henry hold the rushing title in Tennessee not Stephens. Lewis is best in the NFL systems. Stephens will end up in Canada Ball due to his size and fumbles. Love him at Tennessee but I dont see him as a starter in the NFL. Nor Houston but thats another story.

VN Store

Back