Trevarris Saulsberry injury updated

govols105

Got a message from him this morning he has a torn mcl. I told him that i hope he has a speedy recovery and that he gets back quickly and i also told him the truth that he is better than daniel mccullers. So good that announcers keep calling him mccullers.

It's part of the game but injuries sure have crippled us in positions of need. Thanks for the update.

Damn, he is been playing good ball. Guess we'll get him back for the second half of the season.

Better an MCL than an ACL. Either way I hope for a speedy recovery for the young man.

Don't know much about these injuries. Anyone know why this is better than the other and should he recover much faster? Is there a Dr online?

Don't know much about these injuries. Anyone know why this is better than the other and should he recover much faster? Is there a Dr online?

Well, you don't need to be a doctor to know that a torn ACL puts you out for 9-12 months. The MCL is not as structurally important but still painful. The MCL can heal without surgery.

This must only be a partial tear, because a complete tear would take at least 12 weeks to rehab. It also does not usually require surgery if it is only a partial tear. I am not a Dr, but I did stay hat a Holiday Inn express last night (and I tore my MCL once)

Reactions: 1 person
There is often an associated meniscus injury with the MCL. if it was not mentioned then probably not a concern. Extent of the tear could also result in an unstable joint So MCL pretty structually important also.

This must only be a partial tear, because a complete tear would take at least 12 weeks to rehab. It also does not usually require surgery if it is only a partial tear. I am not a Dr, but I did stay hat a Holiday Inn express last night (and I tore my MCL once)

:good!:

DISCLAIMER-I'm a Physical Therapist NOT a MD/Surgeon...

The MCL has a good blood supply and often times can heal without surgery within a 6-8 week window (maybe more or less depending on severity of Tear/Sprain i.e. Grade I, II, or III). The MCL can be treated conservatively and protected during the healing stages and allow many athletes to return to the playing field much earlier than say a ACL or PCL to the knee.

medial collateral ligament

Reactions: 2 people
DISCLAIMER-I'm a Physical Therapist NOT a MD/Surgeon...

The MCL has a good blood supply and often times can heal without surgery within a 6-8 week window (maybe more or less depending on severity of Tear/Sprain i.e. Grade I, II, or III). The MCL can be treated conservatively and protected during the healing stages and allow many athletes to return to the playing field much earlier than say a ACL or PCL to the knee.

medial collateral ligament

Thanks.:good!:

I too had a partial MCL tear that didnt require surgery. It fully healed over about 8 weeks with physical therapy. I tried going back at 5, 6, 7, and finally 8 weeks. It was during a college soccer season (hurt in preseason). At 4 weeks I could fully sprint and stop on a dime. But I could not cut and turn effectively with it for another 4 weeks. So, more lateral movement was difficult for me.

But I returned easily to full range of motion. It still hurts me/pulses 6 years later about once every two months. And, just like your grandfather, I swear it only does this on days when I've been on my feet a lot and the humidity is about 100 percent. It doesn't happen everytime the humidity is up, but the times it does hurt it is always a damp/humid day! Saulsberry should be ok, and wish a speedy recovery!

Joint injuries are usually more difficult for big guys. Hope he gets back soon. Guy was playing like a stud.

Got a message from him this morning he has a torn mcl. I told him that i hope he has a speedy recovery and that he gets back quickly and i also told him the truth that he is better than daniel mccullers. So good that announcers keep calling him mccullers.

Can't you praise one player without putting down another?

VN Store

Back