Trey Smith 2.0

Trey was an absolute Monster in Orange. Here's hoping Sanders can be on too!!! GBO
I thought I might need to pump the brakes when I was thinking about how good Trey Smith really was, tjhen I heard Ryan Callahan say David Sanders is a good 290 and could push for being starter as a freshman.

I thought I might need to pump the brakes when I was thinking about how good Trey Smith really was, tjhen I heard Ryan Callahan say David Sanders is a good 290 and could push for being starter as a freshman.
Here are some comments about DS from last night game coverage.

5-star offensive tackle David Sanders was excellent on the eve of his commitment. Sanders has added weight, but it's all muscle. He might be pushing 300 pounds, but most of that number seems to be muscle...

To say Sanders has a good head on his shoulders is an understatement. His talent, body type, and character remind me of Trey Smith. This time though, we have a staff in place to capitalize. Let's get it

My friend whose name is on a building says Sanders is more athletic than Trey and will be the starter at RT the day he steps on campus.

My friend whose name is on a building says Sanders is more athletic than Trey and will be the starter at RT the day he steps on campus.

Yep. Might be him and Heard starting next year at Tackle. Just a reminder guys...we had a MASSIVE haul of Olineman last season that our staff is pleased with as freshmen. This will only be 5* Heards sophomore season, plus 5* Sanders and Utu which is a top 50 player and our highest rated recruit in 25 before Sanders committed. We are gonna be loaded on the Oline for the future. We can plug a hole if needed from the portal.

This 26 class/portal needs mostly to address DTackle. We lose a bunch of grown men inside after this season to NFL/graduation.

All depends on how fast he can learn the playbook. OL requires a lot of prep work. But I hope your friend is correct.
We are all rightly excited by Nico and all the talent we have at the skill position. But the one thing that never changes is that championships are ultimately decided in the trenches.
That is one thing I really appreciate about Heupel. He is focused on the whole picture

This 26 class/portal needs mostly to address DTackle. We lose a bunch of grown men inside after this season to NFL/graduation.

DT is the only position group in 2025 that I have concern for. Like you said we're gonna lose quite a few guys after this year. I'm guessing we'll be hitting the portal hard this offseason looking for plug n play starters at defensive tackle.

KC got a huge bargain by getting Trey in the 6th, just frigging unbelievable he went that late.
Had faulty technique learned from Butch’s and Pruitt’s OL gurus. He attended the OL symposium and training program from a renowned expert in my building. It didn’t show at the Underwear Olympics but was marked against him as well as his previous blood clotting issues. It’s always about the SECOND contract, anyway and he’s going to bank.

VN Store

Back