Triple Crown still possible

When is the Belmont? Almost all fail on the Belmont since it's the toughest track. Hope he wins. Someone's due to win it.

3 weeks from today.

Kentucky is 1 1/4th mile
Preakness is 1 3/16th mile
Belmont is 1 1/2 mile

That extra quarter mile could be everything but the way I'll Have Another caught and then pulled away from Brodiemister leads me to believe that he can do it.

34 years is too long!

Last edited:
He had a beautiful run there at the end today. I didn't think he would catch Bodemeister coming off of the last turn, but he had me out of my seat at the last 50 feet!

the belmont actually plays into I'll have another's favor.

I'm inclined to agree, but a mile and a half opens the door for some plodders as well. Think 'the little engine that could'

I'm hoping he gets it done, but my money will be on a hanger on.

Yea, but this horse is hitting the final gear about 150 to 250 feet from the finish on these first two races.

Yea, but this horse is hitting the final gear about 150 to 250 feet from the finish on these first two races.

True, and I'm inclined to agree from what I've seen and the numbers show. But I've also had tickets worth thousands turn into toilet paper over 2 furlongs.

I love racing. I'm almost an addict. This is one of the weakest field of colts I can remember. Part of me wants to see a triple crown winner but part of me doesn't wanna see a colt like this win it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I love racing. I'm almost an addict. This is one of the weakest field of colts I can remember. Part of me wants to see a triple crown winner but part of me doesn't wanna see a colt like this win it.

A colt like this? Explain.

I guess he means, a colt that has not dominated every race coming down the home stretch by pulling away.

My bad. I didn't know there was one correct way to win a race.

The jockey knows the horse and the fact he's done the same thing in both races to get the win is the most exciting thing to me.

I hope he does it and goes down in the books with the rest.

A colt like this? Explain.

He's a good colt not a great one IMO. He may very well be the best of a bad crop. If he wins it of course it will count. But I just think this is a very weak crop. I sasid this LONG before the derby.

My bad. I didn't know there was one correct way to win a race.

The jockey knows the horse and the fact he's done the same thing in both races to get the win is the most exciting thing to me.

I hope he does it and goes down in the books with the rest.

Like I said, part of me wants to see it but I think it will be deminished (in my eyes and the eyes of many in the industry) because of the weak field. I will be in NY in 3 weeks to watch.

Just don't think it's fair to say it will be diminished. Nothing the horse can do about that :)

But we'll also never know how he could stand up against Slew, Affirmed, etc.

I don't know that I'll Have Another can win the Belmont running the same race he has in his first 2 wins. If he charges late, he won't have near the legs he had in the Derby and Preakness, and most of the horses he will be running against will be fresher. We'll see a few horses that ran the Derby but didn't run the Preakness enter the Belmont. There will probably also be at least a couple that didn't run in either of the first 2 legs.

I don't know that I'll Have Another can win the Belmont running the same race he has in his first 2 wins. If he charges late, he won't have near the legs he had in the Derby and Preakness, and most of the horses he will be running against will be fresher. We'll see a few horses that ran the Derby but didn't run the Preakness enter the Belmont. There will probably also be at least a couple that didn't run in either of the first 2 legs.

He won't have to run the same race. There won't be any speedsters in the Belmont. But it's def the test of all tests. It's hard for a reason.

He won't have to run the same race. There won't be any speedsters in the Belmont. But it's def the test of all tests. It's hard for a reason.

So Bodemeister isn't running? I sort of figured he wouldn't enter, but it would be really cool if it came down to him and IHA at the wire again. Sort of a modern day Affirmed-Allydar rivalry.

If Julien Leparoux can keep his head out of his a$$ Union Rags could be a huge threat. He's bred for this distance and is a good colt.

I'll have another isn't racing tomorrow. According to his trainer on the dp show. Daaaaang

VN Store

Back