Trouble For Kevin?

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Arizona signee Brandon Jennings, who earned Jordan game MVP honors alongside Memphis-bound Tyreke Evans, said he watched one Arizona game while Kevin O'Neill was head coach last season. "That wasn't Arizona basketball," Jennings said. Though he says he never wavered in his commitment, he does realize what he is walking into in Tucson as Chase Budinger and Jerryd Bayless have left school early for the NBA. Jennings, who will work on adding weight to his slight frame over the summer, said he was happy to hear Lute Olson say he would allow his point guards to play as they have in the past upon his return. Without Budinger or Bayless, Jennings -- who averaged 35.5 ppg at Oak Hill (Mouth of Wilson, Va.) last season -- may need to live up to the "Messiah" tattoo that runs along his left leg.

say what you will about their style of play, but I loved Kevin when he was on the Hill.

I usually defer to hat on CBB topics but I too liked Kevin and thought he would be our savior but turns out he wasn't a good fit with Dickey. I will say that Kevin's antics wear thin on most....Bobby Knight got away with it because he won and had the respect of his players. Like Knight I don't think just anyone could play for Kevin and his system. Has he landed a job yet? If he has or does...I think if someone has the patience to put up with him, gives him time to get his players and system in place, he can win. As we know winning is a miracle drug!

well, he's the heir to Lute Olsen, so he must be doing something right.

Arizona assistant coach Kevin O'Neill was reassigned to fundraising by athletic director Jim Livengood. The move will allow UA head coach Lute Olson to hire a new assistant to join his staff.

Arizona assistant coach Kevin O'Neill was reassigned to fundraising by athletic director Jim Livengood. The move will allow UA head coach Lute Olson to hire a new assistant to join his staff.

So he's leading fundraisers instead of coaching?

Lute kicked him to the curb. I read some rumors that Kevin had tried to prevent UA players from speaking to Lute while he was on leave. That obviously didnt work out for him.

VN Store

Back