Trump tells Prince Harry, Meghan Markle 'they must pay' for Security amid reported move to US

Franklin Pierce

President Trump on Sunday didn't offer the warmest greeting to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid reports that they had relocated from Canada to the U.S.

A source told People Magazine last week that the royal couple relocated from Vancouver Island to Los Angeles, Markle's hometown.

Markle, 38, and Harry, 35, have been staying in a secluded compound and have stuck close to home during the coronavirus pandemic, the magazine reported. It's unclear when the couple made the move.

However, in a tweet from the president on Sunday, it became clear that U.S. taxpayers were not footing the bill for their security.

"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!" Trump exclaimed.

Reports emerged last month that Markle and Harry were "looking at houses" in Los Angeles for the summer.​

President Trump on Sunday didn't offer the warmest greeting to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid reports that they had relocated from Canada to the U.S.

A source told People Magazine last week that the royal couple relocated from Vancouver Island to Los Angeles, Markle's hometown.

Markle, 38, and Harry, 35, have been staying in a secluded compound and have stuck close to home during the coronavirus pandemic, the magazine reported. It's unclear when the couple made the move.

However, in a tweet from the president on Sunday, it became clear that U.S. taxpayers were not footing the bill for their security.

"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!" Trump exclaimed.

Reports emerged last month that Markle and Harry were "looking at houses" in Los Angeles for the summer.​
they never asked the US to pay for their security...they are stepping down from their Royal duties. This is red meat for the xenophobic racist supporters. Shouldn't he be worried about the Conoravirus pandemic?

they never asked the US to pay for their security...they are stepping down from their Royal duties. This is red meat for the xenophobic racist supporters. Shouldn't he be worried about the Conoravirus pandemic?
So if Nancy Pelosi doesn’t want taxpayer money going to their security detail is she and her supporters xenophobic racists?

Are you freaking kidding me. Los Angeles! Right now,damn I thought that boy was brighter than that. Now if they had moved to the Outer Banks of Carolina I would have said good for them, but LA. Geez

Did you think that through before posting it ? If the little ginger prince was any lighter , he’d be see through .

Trump's tweet certainly implies they asked for the US to pay for their security, and he's taking credit for turning them down.

Did they?

If so, what did they want? And if not, why did Trump make it up?

VN Store

Back