Tuscaloosa

General Jack

Vorschlaghammer
Have the legal issues with Gallion and the other Tide stooges been settled to the point that Fulmer will be able to enter the state of Alabama without fear of being given a subpeona?

Or is he going to have to have a circle of Tennessee state troopers around him at all times, coach from the pressbox, cross the boarder in the dead of night, etc?

I'm afraid this is going to become a big unwelcome distraction when we go down there to play. :bad:

It may be even worse than that. I have really feared that one of them stupid bama fans may try something to hurt fulmer. wouldnt surprise me one bit. I have a feeling that the security there is going to have to be super high.

Yeah, let's hope its not that bad - it would really be bad for college sports in addition to just our programs and the SEC. I haven't really kept up with the issues all that closely, but was hoping it had, or would, diffuse before this fall.

Of course, it could give our players some serious incentive to kick a$$.

Oh we are going to kick that a$$ no matter what. Lets just go in there, hear are fair share of boos, beat them, go home with the win, and be one step closer to that nc game.

The trial is this summer (July). Basically, Gallion is suing the NCAA for defamation of 2 coaches (Ronnie Cottrell and Ivey Williams). Part of Gallion's argument is that the NCAA willfully ignored violations at UT in return for Fulmer's testimony -- in other words, they were out to get Bama. Fulmer will be on the stand presumably but is not a defendant.

Amazingly, Gallion still claims that the NCAA was out to get Bama eventhough a Federal Court found sufficient evidence to convict in the Albert Means case -- this case by the way was about the only thing the NCAA investigated about Bama based on information from Fulmer. He made many more allegations that were not investigated.

The bottomline is 1) this case is being tried in Tuscalooser so Gallion has an edge and 2) Gallion will drag up anything he can to show violations at UT to support his case. The second part is the part we will have to deal with. Be prepared for another round of public allegations about Tee Martin, Tutorgate, Locke, etc. etc. This will once again stir up the Bama faithful and as a result, tensions will be high in October. Many Bammers will ignore the fact that they got caught and instead focus on "one more example" of Bama getting screwed and UT getting off. It's friggin' nuts :shakehead:

Yes, its nuts... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the synopsis, we'll see what happens in July. It should be a pretty frenzied atmosphere in Bryant-Denny for those bammers this year. But let 'em, the higher you are, the harder you fall!

Originally posted by vols2345@Apr 10, 2005 7:11 AM
It may be even worse than that. I have really feared that one of them stupid bama fans may try something to hurt fulmer. wouldnt surprise me one bit. I have a feeling that the security there is going to have to be super high.

Bama fans as a whole would not want anything like that to happen. They have to worry about their image at some point, and Fulmer getting hurt in Tuscaloosa would basically ruin Bama's reputation for good.

This is really an akward debate to be having...

As far as the trial goes, Fulmer won't be getting in any trouble?

Originally posted by milohimself+Apr 10, 2005 1:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Apr 10, 2005 1:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Apr 10, 2005 7:11 AM
It may be even worse than that.  I have really feared that one of them stupid bama fans may try something to hurt fulmer.  wouldnt surprise me one bit.  I have a feeling that the security there is going to have to be super high.

Bama fans as a whole would not want anything like that to happen. They have to worry about their image at some point, and Fulmer getting hurt in Tuscaloosa would basically ruin Bama&#39;s reputation for good.

This is really an akward debate to be having...

As far as the trial goes, Fulmer won&#39;t be getting in any trouble? [/quote]
If there is one thing I know about bammers, they do not give a sh** about their own image as long as it hurts tennessee

they are about the lowest form of scum on the planet

man...i swear to god i&#39;m sittin here grittin my teeth right now and I dont know why&#33; One thing is a fact, however. I hate Alabama. I wont even call them the cute lil "Bama" nickname we all have grown to love. I stopped down there just to see what Brian Dennehy stadium was like on my way to New Orleans wearin solid orange. When I got inside, no matter how bad I wanted to piss on the field, I didnt...because Vols act with class. This will all make it a circus media blitz......but our boys are used to it......if anything we will react with fight and fury...wouldnt it make us all so happy if they DOMINATED on D in that game? Nothing says Buck Fama like total dominance on D.....

I&#39;ll tell you what Fulmers going to do in Tuscaloosa. He&#39;s going down there with an attitude, an attitude to kick the **** out of Bama. If he gets a chance to run the score up , he will. He&#39;s never lost at Bama ever. So basically Fulmer is going down there to kick ass, take names, and leave the bammer nation a sour taste and a nasty defeat in their mouth.

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Apr 11, 2005 10:37 AM
and i think he&#39;s only lost to Bama twice...? maybe three?

Nope. Just twice. 1994 and 2002. Tied in 1993. Other than that, he&#39;s bitch slapped &#39;em a couple of times. Especially at their place.

1993 17-17
1995 41-14
1997 38-21
1999 21-7
2001 35-24
2003 51-43
2005 An Ass WHipping coming to a Bryant Denny Stadium near you.

I would be liable to pay a lot of money to see Fulmer secretly in the middle of the night enter Alabama.

VN Store

Back