Tv Timeouts

surrealvol

I just wanted to see if anybody agrees with me on TV timeouts.

I think there should be a limit on how many timeouts can be imposed during a ballgame. I know that's where the money comes from, but I can't count the number of times that I think momentum has been stifled because of a TV timeout.

Seems like they just sit there waiting for anything to happen that can result in another timeout.

There should be a definite timeout limit per half. Repetition works in advertising but I personally would prefer to see the game go quicker and smoother than to see the same commercial six times during the same game.

Anybody agree with this one?

Well Its like this. Networks are paying lots of money for the rights to show these games. They are doing me a huge favor because I can never afford UT season tickets and I damn sure cant afford to make road trips to Gainesville, Baton Rouge, South Bend and Tuscaloosa.

They are doing me a favor and I dont mind putting up with the TOs.

Its just a thing where teams are going to have to learn to overcome. Its all about the money and since networks, conferences and teams are making money, I dont forsee any changes.

A few commercials are OK with me, but it seems like the TV timeouts are getting longer and longer as the years go by. There needs to be some kind of limit on them before we end up watching 3 hours of commercials and 10 minutes of football.

There are 4 media timeouts per half in SEC basketball. They are always taken at the first dead ball after 16:00, 12:00, 8:00 and 4:00.

What I dislike the most is in the pro games. They take a media timeout after each score, which I understand. But then they take another one right after the ensuing kickoff! This creates 5-6 minutes of commercials interrupted by just a few seconds of game time. It just seems excessive and it breaks my concentration.

You guys think that is bad? Try watching NASCAR races.....There are commercials every 20 laps in those races

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 10, 2005 11:41 AM
You guys think that is bad?  Try watching NASCAR races.....There are commercials every 20 laps in those races

Used to be that during a caution period they would show the pit stops then break to commercial, now they just break directly to commercial and then recap where the top 3 or 4 teams are after the pit stops mere moments before the restart.

I know CBS does the break after score, back for KOR, then break again during the college games just like the pros do.

I'd pay to have PPV (but not at $25 a game) of the live video from CBS/ESPN ect with VolNetwork audio, as long as the audio matched up with the video.

Here's something to think about: Light ravels faster than sound, yet VolNetwork audio is always about 2 seconds ahead of the live video feed.

Yes, I know it all has to do with time delays and the satellite transmissions.

Nascar races are bad though anymore.....It seems like I come home from work and watch a few minutes of the race, dose off, wake up and catch the end of it....Anymore I'd rather see a short track dirt late model or UMP open wheel race ...better racing..lower prices

VN Store

Back