'27 TX ATH Myson Johnson-Cook

From Rivals:

There's a new face in town at Katy (Texas) High, and it's Johnson-Cook. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Illinois recently settled in outside of Houston and quickly drew an offer from Mike Elko and the Aggies. Texas A&M joins the race early for Johnson-Cook keeping pace with Baylor, Georgia, Oregon and Tennessee, which all offered this spring. Based on the frame and his performance at the Rivals Camp in Dallas, do not be surprised if more programs quickly get into the mix with Johnson-Cook, who should put up video game-like numbers in the Katy offense. It wouldn't be surprising to see programs seeing Johnson-Cook as a fit at multiple positions, too.

From Rivals:

There's a new face in town at Katy (Texas) High, and it's Johnson-Cook. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder from Illinois recently settled in outside of Houston and quickly drew an offer from Mike Elko and the Aggies. Texas A&M joins the race early for Johnson-Cook keeping pace with Baylor, Georgia, Oregon and Tennessee, which all offered this spring. Based on the frame and his performance at the Rivals Camp in Dallas, do not be surprised if more programs quickly get into the mix with Johnson-Cook, who should put up video game-like numbers in the Katy offense. It wouldn't be surprising to see programs seeing Johnson-Cook as a fit at multiple positions, too.
Ah good ole Katy up to new recruiting tactics.

Yeeesh this kid is a monster!

DeSoto (Texas) High 2027 Myson Johnson-Cook debuted as the nation’s No. 1 athlete and No. 3 prospect overall in the initial On3 Rankings for the sophomore class.

Holding several early scholarship offers, the explosive running back says two programs are already catching his eye.

“Texas A&M and Tennessee,” Johnson-Cook said.

The 6-foot-1 1/2, 220-pound Johnson-Cook elaborated regarding each.

“My favorite things about the Aggies are that every time I step foot on campus, they make sure I feel at home,” Johnson-Cook said. Trooper Taylor has been leading Texas A&M’s recruiting efforts. “And that Coach Troop and the staff show me love and are very passionate about me coming there and making me a better player.

“My favorite thing about the Vols and Coach Walt (Ashton Walter) is that they are the school that has been in contact with me the most, and I love that. It seems like they are the school that is most interested in me.”

Other early offers for Johnson-Cook include Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska, Georgia, Oregon, Baylor and SMU.
-Wiltfong

Dude is huge.. But those 2 QB's handing off to him 11 and 4 are massive.. they look like defensive tackles. What are they feeding those kids?

-Wiltfong
Ugh...Trooper Taylor is in on this one early. Might be a tough pull with the kid being from Texas. We need to have a big year on the field and make the playoffs this year. We also need to put up video games numbers on offense to get more kids using us on the college football video game.

Our scouting and getting in early with kids has been the biggest thing that has stood out from this staff. Seeing it really makes a difference with the big time recurits.
Eh development hasn’t been too bad either. Took a doormat roster that lost a quarter of its scholarship players and fielded a competitive team the first year then moved to a #1 ranking in the country the 2nd year. Good staff, good admin, just an amazing turnaround.

Ugh...Trooper Taylor is in on this one early. Might be a tough pull with the kid being from Texas. We need to have a big year on the field and make the playoffs this year. We also need to put up video games numbers on offense to get more kids using us on the college football video game.
I mean if this kid likes chest bumps and towel waving we’re taking the L here.

-Wiltfong
Wait what?

He’s already at Desoto??

He just transferred to Katy from out- of - state!

Desoto fans all taking crap about California Private schools recruiting haha.
These guys! Unbelievable…

Illinois kid originally.
He’s only been in Texas a year.

Agree about us needing to make the playoffs.
Not for this kid, but because it would be awesome !!

And yeah this kid too…

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Illinois kid originally.
He’s only been in Texas a year.

Agree about us needing to make the playoffs.
Not for this kid, but because it would be awesome !!

And yeah this kid too…
This is a '27 kid though. That's a lot of time for Texans to influence him. We just need to get him to campus here as many times as possible to keep him away from that Aggie cult.

From Rivals:

When it comes to recruiting, Tennessee has been the most interested in Johnson-Cook so far and the DeSoto, Texas athlete has definitely taken notice of the Volunteers early on. Tennessee and Texas A&M are the standouts for Johnson-Cook and the Aggies have a real chance to land him since the in-state prospect has such a strong relationship with running backs coach Trooper Taylor.

Reactions: stewart6600

VN Store

Back