'25 TX EDGE Tobi Haastrup

HoleInTheRoof

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
With the old scholarship limitations I’d be saying preferred PWO…now it’s take a shot with an extra scholarship.

Reactions: Volfan1000
With the old scholarship limitations I’d be saying preferred PWO…now it’s take a shot with an extra scholarship.
Watch this kids HUDL. Think he’d probably be scholarship either way. His physical tools are amazing. But I agree I think we see more programs comfortable with taking more projects. Georgia raiding all the raw 3 stars in their state right now that mid majors are trying to keep 😅

Watch this kids HUDL. Think he’d probably be scholarship either way. His physical tools are amazing. But I agree I think we see more programs comfortable with taking more projects. Georgia raiding all the raw 3 stars in their state right now that mid majors are trying to keep 😅
Did the 105 limit get approved for next season?

Did the 105 limit get approved for next season?

From what I've read it was to be part of the antitrust settlement. Seeing as that settlement got thrown out I assume that went out with it.
So the 105 did get approved for next year last I read, but we still have scholarship reductions.

However with 105 scholarship limit next year we don’t technically have to reduce anything this year if we don’t want to knowing we can basically reduce it all by next year.

So the 105 did get approved for next year last I read, but we still have scholarship reductions.

However with 105 scholarship limit next year we don’t technically have to reduce anything this year if we don’t want to knowing we can basically reduce it all by next year.
If 105 is approved, we'll be able to carry 103. With the way we've worked our reductions, we have to be 2 under the limit for the next 3 years. The punishment requires we be at least 2 under for every year of probation.

Reactions: GoodTimeVol
If 105 is approved, we'll be able to carry 103. With the way we've worked our reductions, we have to be 2 under the limit for the next 3 years. The punishment requires we be at least 2 under for every year of probation.
That sounds right

We will be done with restrictions after this year. Even if we had them we'd still be able to have 102 or 103 scholarships. Hardly anything that would punish us.

The college football and recruiting world is becoming quickly familiar with a prospect by the name of Tobi Haastrup out of Houston (Tex.) Mayde Creek. This time last week, Haastrup, 6-foot-4, 240 pounds, had never suited up for a high school varsity football game.

Now, as of Thursday morning, he has 11 division one offers.

There is a remarkable backstory to the newest Texas high school football star.
Haastrup has a international background, growing up in London for nearly the first decade of his life. He would then move to America, first to California, then Texas. Along the way, he focused on his track career, of which he has had success, especially for his size.

At 240 pounds, Haastrup has recorded a 10.7-second 100 meter dash as well as real success in shot put.
Last week, during his first football game at the high school level, the senior exploded for a five sack performance. The following day, he posted the highlights of his performance, which was then followed by a rapid ascent in various scouting and personnel departments across the country.

At that point just finish the responsibilities in that one year imo
Don't think we're allowed to finish the punishment early. The way it's worded, we have to be at least two scholarships under for every year of our probation. We're at 81 for this season, IIRC. That sets us up where we can do the two down for the remaining probation years and meet our requirement. That's why I've been questioning if the 105 is approved for next year. We'll either be at 83 or 103 for next season. If it's 83, we're up against the number hard. If it's 103, then we have plenty of room to recruit.

Reactions: JT3

VN Store

Back