U.T. Sports

surrealvol

Time for a very positive look at the U.T. program!!!

Football-Cotton Bowl Champs! #1 Recruiting class in the nation!
Basketball-Just kicked Florida's butt at Florida!
Swimming-Ranked #11
Tennis-Ranked #25
Track-Ranked #7

Ladies:

Basketball-Ranked #7 (They will move up!)
Track and Field-Ranked #1! #5 Recruiting class in the nation!
Soccer-Finished year ranked #10
Volleyball-Finished year ranked #9! Head coach was National Coach of the Year!
Golf-Ranked #11
Tennis-Ranked #18
Softball-East Division SEC Champions and 55 victories!

WOW! It's great to be a Tennessee VOL!!!!!!!

You are right it is a good time for the vols could be better if we could get some big time talent on the hardwood but other than that recruiting has went great for Fulmers staff even though i wished they could have picked up a few more off. and def. lineman

i dont know our b-ball players are stepping up finally. there playing with a chip on there shoulder

yeah they have stepped up finally but that still doesnt change the fact that we cant compete with the big boys in c.basketball. Did you see the Maui INV. tourney, i mean come on N.C. looked like the varsity and we looked like the J.V. Two words for you (superior talent) im not saying we suck b/c we dont but we cant compete and everyone knows it, not many teams can compete with the carolinas,kansas,kentucky,duke...we need to snatch some ballers from somebody to get it going where we can reload not rebuild

That is pretty impressive. Thanks for pointing all of that out Surreal. :thumbsup:

bu last time i checked north carolina was a pretty good team. so what that we lost to them. this is now and we are playing alot better.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 11:59 AM
bu last time i checked north carolina was a pretty good team. so what that we lost to them. this is now and we are playing alot better.

UNC would KILL us if we played them tomorrow! What mylon was saying is that we couldn't compete with the big teams. We have a tough time with the above average teams.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 11:59 AM
this is now and we are playing alot better.

Wouldn't go that far, especially after seeing the Vandy game (and I use the term "game" loosely), the second half at Miss St., and the loss at SC. For those of us old enough to remember, that's pretty much how we've been for a long, long time. Up and down. Good in spurts, then absolutely, positively TERRIBLE in others.

Yay! for the big win in Gainesville. Shoot, I'd cheer if we beat the Gators in Water Polo. But, I'm not buying my tickets to the Big Dance quite yet.

what i was saying is that we have the facilities(even though thompson bowling is too big for b-ball games in my opinion) and the funds of all the big time b-ball programs but we just can't seem to attract the big timers the diper dandies if you please. To tell you the truth we had a good thing going with kevin oneil, but dickey for some reason wouldnt give him the leway to run things thus jerry green gets all the oneil talent but couldnt keep them coming in. I was hoping with buzz's credentials he could pursuade some top 100 players to come here but it hasnt happened for some reason. Maybe we could get Pat Summit to recruit for both programs. :unsure:

well your prayers are answered. chris lofton was a steal for us. he drops 15 a night. next year we have the great tyler smith comming here next year. hes ranked 49 overall all the players. well also are in the running for some other top recruits. i say it could be a good year for us next year.

Tyler Smith, Matthew Dotson and Damion Harris should help out some if they really do come here.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 20, 2005 12:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 20, 2005 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 11:59 AM
bu last time i checked north carolina was a pretty good team.  so what that we lost to them.  this is now and we are playing alot better.

UNC would KILL us if we played them tomorrow&#33; What mylon was saying is that we couldn&#39;t compete with the big teams. We have a tough time with the above average teams. [/quote]
we have a tough time with crappy teams

Originally posted by kiddiedoc+Jan 20, 2005 12:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiddiedoc @ Jan 20, 2005 12:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 11:59 AM
this is now and we are playing alot better.

Yay&#33; for the big win in Gainesville. Shoot, I&#39;d cheer if we beat the Gators in Water Polo. But, I&#39;m not buying my tickets to the Big Dance quite yet. [/quote]
Already got mine...FINAL FOUR HERE I COME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; GO HEELS

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN+Jan 20, 2005 3:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UTVOLFAN @ Jan 20, 2005 3:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 12:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vols2345
@Jan 20, 2005 11:59 AM
bu last time i checked north carolina was a pretty good team.  so what that we lost to them.  this is now and we are playing alot better.

UNC would KILL us if we played them tomorrow&#33; What mylon was saying is that we couldn&#39;t compete with the big teams. We have a tough time with the above average teams.

we have a tough time with crappy teams [/quote]
Yeah, we do. I was just thinking since we beat Miss State and UF that I could bump it up to the above average while I could. It probably won&#39;t last long.

still feel vols amke it to the big dance. we got a big game this weekend vs. louisville. this weekend saturday 4:00 et.

this stretch of games will decide our ncaa tourney hopes if we can come out 500. we should get a bid. These next 5 games are rough though. We will see. Hope they step up and silence all the talks about getting rid of buzz.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 20, 2005 3:44 PM
still feel vols amke it to the big dance. we got a big game this weekend vs. louisville. this weekend saturday 4:00 et.

Beating Louisville would help our chances but losses to teams like UTC will hurt us...having wins over Florida and Miss State will help a little but not a lot....Louisville would really help us....You never know with us though...They got to come out and play good every night to win and if they&#39;re not motivated to do so then you can kiss our tournament bid(saying we have a chance at getting one) goodbye....I would love to see us make it but if we made it we wouldn&#39;t be a very high seed at all....Oh well..I&#39;ll just cheer for us the rest of the year and hope for the best

So let&#39;s check the Vols opponents....

11/22 Stanford W 69-57
Stanford (8-7, 2-3) is struggling to remain near the top of the Pac-10. However, they did beat 13th Arizona last week.

11/23 No. 12 North Carolina L 94-81
North Carolina (15-2, 4-1) is currently ranked 6th in the polls, and is in contention to win the ACC.

11/24 No. 13 Texas L 95-70
Texas (14-3, 3-1) is currently ranked 11th and 15th in the polls, and is in contention to win the Big-12.

11/29 Wofford W 73-67
Wofford (8-8, 1-4) has dropped a bit since a promising preseason which included close losses at Miami, Tennessee, Georgia and a huge win over Auburn. Wofford is currently in last place in the South Division of the Southern Conference.

12/5 UT-Chattanooga L 69-68
Chattanooga (11-4, 4-1) is another Southern Conference foe, however, they are leading the North Division. As a favorite to win the Southern Conference, they will likely be in the NCAA tournament.

12/11 Xavier W 71-69
Xavier (8-6, 2-2) is an annual participant in the NCAA tournament. They are still in contention to win the A-10 Conference.

12/14 Alabama State W 71-45
Alabama State (5-9, 3-2) was a particpant in last year&#39;s NCAA tournament. Despite their non-conference record, they are still in contention to win the SWAC.

12/18 at New Mexico L 77-58
New Mexico (14-3, 1-1) is near unbeatable in "the pit". Only 3rd ranked Wake Forest has won there. NM looks like an NCAA team representing the MWC. Other losses were by 4 pts at Oregon and 2 pts at Air Force.

12/20 Belmont W 77-68
Belmont (5-10, 4-3) is not really a good team. However, they are still in contention in the A-Sun.

12/23 Campbell W 90-49
Campbell (2-12, 0-7) is worse than Belmont. They are also in the A-Sun Conference.

12/30 Nebraska L 62-61
Nebraska (8-6, 2-2) is a bubble team for the NCAA tournament. They are coming off consecutive losses to #11 Texas and #2 Kansas.

01/2 Coastal Carolina W 83-51
CC (5-11, 2-3) is another poor team... they play in the Big South Conf.

01/5 at Georgia W 72-65
The win at Georgia (6-8, 0-4) was a huge win after finishing last season 1-11 on the road.

01/8 Vanderbilt L 88-63
Vanderbilt (11-6, 2-2) ran off 7 straight wins, including a victory over #22 Alabama. They have since lost to #8 Kentucky (13-2, 4-0) and Florida in back-to-back games.

01/12 No. 15 Mississippi St. W 64-63
Miss State (15-4, 3-2) is currently ranked #17 and #19 in the polls. After rebounding from the loss to Tennessee with an 80-55 win over Arkansas, the Dogs were beaten soundly by #22 Alabama by a score of 98-49.

01/15 at South Carolina L 66-63
South Carolina (10-5, 2-2) had won the previous three meeting in Columbia against Tennessee by an average of 17 points. The Vols had a really good shot at winning this game on the road.

01/19 at Florida W 83-76
Florida (11-4, 3-1) was just coming off a huge victory over Vanderbilt. With the Vols 2nd road win, they double last season&#39;s total.

VN Store

Back