UFC 139 - November 19th @ 9PM ET

unconventional
Maurício Rua(20-5) vs. Dan Henderson(28-8)

Wanderlei Silva(33-11-1) vs. Cung Le(7-1)

Urijah Faber(25-5) vs. Brian Bowles(10-1)

Martin Kampmann(17-5) vs. Rick Story(13-4)

Stephan Bonnar(13-7) vs. Kyle Kingsbury(11-2)
---
Ryan Bader(12-2) vs. Jason Brilz(18-4-1)

Tom Lawlor(7-3) vs. Chris Weidman(6-0)

Gleison Tibau(23-7) vs. Rafael dos Anjos(15-5)

Looks like a pretty good card. There are even a couple of prelim fights I want to see. Bader and Brilz being one surprises me. I guess that's what happens when you lose two fights in a row. Not sure the loser will make the cut to remain in UFC. And if Silva loses, I'm guessing he is done too. Might be better off retiring even if he does win. Not sure he has many wins left in him so might as well go out with a W

picks

Maurício Rua(20-5)
Cung Le(7-1)
Brian Bowles(10-1)
Rick Story(13-4)
Kyle Kingsbury(11-2)
Ryan Bader(12-2)
Chris Weidman(6-0)
Rafael dos Anjos(15-5)

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch the replay today. Got caught up with the Tennessee game.

Faber, Silva and Rua fights were all good. Not sure Henderson deserved to win but a good fight none the less.

I had alot going on Saturday other than the fight and football game, but I could not mis Urijah's fight. One of my buddy's ordered it, so I went over when his fight was about to start, and left afterwards. What a mistake! Already being called one of the greatest fights in UFC history. I hate I missed it.

But, my boy Urijah looked better than he has in a long time! I'm really excited about the rubber match with Cruz coming up. I hope they get the coaches spots on the next season of TUF.

I had alot going on Saturday other than the fight and football game, but I could not mis Urijah's fight. One of my buddy's ordered it, so I went over when his fight was about to start, and left afterwards. What a mistake! Already being called one of the greatest fights in UFC history. I hate I missed it.

But, my boy Urijah looked better than he has in a long time! I'm really excited about the rubber match with Cruz coming up. I hope they get the coaches spots on the next season of TUF.

Watch UFC 139: Henderson vs. Rua online - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis

Part 3 for the Henderson/Rua fight. The Silva fight was good too though

If the Rua fight had been 3 rounds, Henderson takes it no problem. Kinda feel like Rua started to take over and at the very least should have gotten the draw. In the end, I actually think he did more outside of the start of the fight but oh well. You'll see if you decide to watch. Henderson could barely walk the last couple rounds. Dude was absolutely drained. Good fight

Last edited:
Watch UFC 139: Henderson vs. Rua online - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis

Part 3 for the Henderson/Rua fight. The Silva fight was good too though

If the Rua fight had been 3 rounds, Henderson takes it no problem. Kinda feel like Rua started to take over and at the very least should have gotten the draw. In the end, I actually think he did more outside of the start of the fight but oh well. You'll see if you decide to watch. Henderson could barely walk the last couple rounds. Dude was absolutely drained. Good fight

Those guys are monsters. Love both of them. Hendo is one my all-timers though.

Both are good fighters so I'm probably bias in thinking Shogun should have won for pouring it on in the later rounds. I just can't find it in me to say Shogun should be tagged with the loss. It looked like Henderson owned him early and definitely would have won in a 3 round fight. After all 5, neither one deserved to lose. I probably would have given it to Rua but I thought a draw would be fitting. How Henderson got the unanimous decision still stumps me. A decision one way or the other, maybe. Unanimous? No way

Both are good fighters so I'm probably bias in thinking Shogun should have won for pouring it on in the later rounds. I just can't find it in me to say Shogun should be tagged with the loss. It looked like Henderson owned him early and definitely would have won in a 3 round fight. After all 5, neither one deserved to lose. I probably would have given it to Rua but I thought a draw would be fitting. How Henderson got the unanimous decision still stumps me. A decision one way or the other, maybe. Unanimous? No way

It was only unanimous because every judge scored it 48-47 for Hendo. Means nothing in terms of how close the fight actually was.

I thought Hendo won rounds 1-3 and Shogun 4-5 so my scorecard would have been the same.

Thanks. Not sure that I like it. I don't usually watch a fight and after 3 rounds without a finish think to myself, "I'd love to watch 10 more minutes."

It makes sense in title fights, cause you don't wanna leave it up to the judges, but usually fights that don't get finished in 3 are boring.

I disagree and I'll use Saturday's headliner as why I disagree. If you have a boring 5 round fight, that sucks. But if you have a war like what Hendo-Shogun was, cutting it off at 3 rounds when it could have gone 5 would suck a whole lot more. If Saturday's fight would have been 3 rounds, it would have been just another fight. Those extra 2 rounds is what made it so epic and one of the greatest fights in UFC history.

I disagree and I'll use Saturday's headliner as why I disagree. If you have a boring 5 round fight, that sucks. But if you have a war like what Hendo-Shogun was, cutting it off at 3 rounds when it could have gone 5 would suck a whole lot more. If Saturday's fight would have been 3 rounds, it would have been just another fight. Those extra 2 rounds is what made it so epic and one of the greatest fights in UFC history.

I missed the fight, but my opinion is that fighters pace themselves in a 5 round bout, so you can get about the same amount of action in 3 rounds.

Don't forget, the greatest fight in UFC history (according to the UFC) ended in a decision after 3 rounds (Griffin/Bonnar). I watched it live, fully enjoyed every second, and for the fighters sake was glad it was over after 3. They didn't pace themselves for 5. They gave it all in 3.

So why not just have 1 10min round or perhaps 1 15min round? How about 2 5min rounds or 1 5min round? We can't have fighters pacing themselves.

So why not just have 1 10min round or perhaps 1 15min round? How about 2 5min rounds or 1 5min round? We can't have fighters pacing themselves.

Why would one 15-minute round fix that?

There's a trade off. Obviously you can't have a fight scheduled for one 1-minute round (it's not long enough for a strategic fight to develop), and you can't have a dozen 10-minute rounds (much too long for the fighters to stay busy for the duration). Something in between will give you the best viewing experience. I personally think that comes with three 5-minute rounds.

VN Store

Back