UFC 142 - January 14th @ 9PM ET

unconventional
Featherweight Championship: José Aldo(21-1) defeats Chad Mendes(11-1) - KO

Vitor Belfort(21-9) defeats Anthony Johnson(10-4) - Submission

Rousimar Palhares(14-3) defeats Mike Massenzio(13-6) - Submission

Carlo Prater(29-10-1) defeats Erick Silva(13-2-1) - DQ

Edson Barboza(10-0) defeats Terry Etim(15-4) - KO

Last edited:
Nothing special but I'll be watching. Good chance the Belfort/Johnson fight will end in a knockout so that's one fight to look forward to. And good chance the Aldo/Mendes will be decided by the judges but it should still be a good fight.

Johnson has finally moved up to middleweight where he belongs. He was killing himself with the wieght-cut to make 170. He had to be the biggest welterweight in mma history. I think he'll do good as a MW.

There were some technical issues with the UFC 141 PPV through the UFC Xbox app (I didnt notice any problems), so they are giving a free pass for UFC 142 if you had gotten UFC 141 a couple of weeks ago through the Xbox. So that will be the last two UFC events that I will have watched for free......cant complain.

There were some technical issues with the UFC 141 PPV through the UFC Xbox app (I didnt notice any problems), so they are giving a free pass for UFC 142 if you had gotten UFC 141 a couple of weeks ago through the Xbox. So that will be the last two UFC events that I will have watched for free......cant complain.

Nice.

Tonight!

Tennessee winning at the half. Playoff games in a couple hours. Pacers play tonight. UFC ppv tonight. Just drank a couple beers with my pizza. Pumped!

:)

Looks like the PPV actually starts at 10 PM ET.

Good news because now I get to watch the end of my Pacers game. Doesn't look like I'll be missing much by not seeing all of the Pats/Broncos game. Pats beatin em up early

Antonio Carvalho had a nasty gash under his eye in the prelim fight on FX

First fight was boring until Barboza delivered with a wheelhouse kick to the head for the knockout. Joe Rogan said it's one of the best he's ever seen. Dude went stiff as a board and just plopped on his back. It was crazy

I was impressed with his pass and defense before he knocked the Brit out. His ground defense was solid.

Oh, I don't mean I wasn't impressed by him as a fighter. I just meant I wasn't impressed by the fight in general. Not a lot going on and little damage was done up until that point. I just prefer a little more action

Wow... good fight and like the outcome but again, I agree with Rogan. Took him a couple times before he said it but the ref kept standing them up immediately. Don't really understand it but whatever.

Wow... good fight and like the outcome but again, I agree with Rogan. Took him a couple times before he said it but the ref kept standing them up immediately. Don't really understand it but whatever.

Yea, IDK what the ref was doin'. I was rooting for Rumble tho.

They were pretty quick, but rumble wasn't moving enough. I'm glad that Belfort won, he is class

Pretty good card thus far, but I am expecting the Aldo/Mendez main event to be epic......it should be a good fight.

VN Store

Back