unconventional
Light Heavyweight Championship
Jon Jones(16-1) vs. Vitor Belfort(21-9)

Demetrious Johnson(16-2-1) defeats Joseph Benavidez(16-3) - Split Decision

Michael Bisping(23-4) defeats Brian Stann(12-5) - Unanimous Decision

Matt Hamill(11-4) defeats Roger Hollett(13-4) - Unanimous Decision

Cub Swanson(18-5) defeats Charles Oliveira(16-3) - KO

Last edited:
I had been thinking this card was better than UFC 151(not hard to do) but didn't think it was anything spectacular by any means. I've warmed up to it though even with what will most be likely be a slaughter in the main event. And here's why...

Jones/Belfort - 37 wins, 30 finishes(81.1%)
Benavidez/Johnson - 31 wins, 21 finishes(67.7%)
Bisping/Stann - 34 wins, 28 finishes( 82.4%)
Hamill/Matyushenko - 36 wins, 25 finishes(69.5%)
Swanson/Oliveira - 33 wins, 28 finishes(84.8%)

I can get behind that. Hopefully the judges won't be needed.

Matt Hammill...dont any of these guys "stay" retired...

Couple of good fights there:
125lb Championship Benevidez vs. Johnson
Stann vs. Bisping

Will be looking at the results on Sunday morning though

We might get to see Bones and Silva afterall. Silva is moving up to 205 to fight Bonnar at UFC 153. While it obviously won't mimic a fight with Jones, there are a couple things to note. Like Jones, he is 6'4 and he's one of only two fighters to the distance against Jones. Rashad being the other. That's about where it ends up. He has an 80 inch reach and a record of 14-7 with 7submissions/3ko's while Jones has an 84 inch reach and record of 16-1 5submissions/8ko's. Could be a good practice fight for Silva... assuming he wins. I'm sure he will but it is the UFC and anything can happen. I'm sure we'll see Jones and Silva as long as neither one loses their next fight

UFC 153 -- Middleweight champion Anderson Silva to move up weight class, face veteran light heavyweight Stephan Bonnar - ESPN

Bonnar is a tough dude. Maybe even tougher than Griffin. It could be interesting. Probably not.

Has it been said how long Henderson is expected to be out? I guess Silva would still have to wait for the Jones fight if Henderson is ready. Wouldn't exactly be fair to give Silva the fight over Henderson if he's ready, being the number one contender and all but at the same time, they're playing with fire if Jones has to fight Belfort/Henderson and Silva has to fight Bonnar/??? prior. That's four fights they have to win for the "dream fight" to happen. And it's not like Silva is getting younger. Jones will train what, 4 months for Henderson? And then for 4 more months for Silva? Seems like the best case scenario is the fight taking place 8 months from now. I think the PPV stands to lose some money if either one loses before the fight has a chance to take place. People would still pay to watch it but it wouldn't be as big if either one lost.

And looks like Henderson and Jones have exchanged some verbal jabs.

Jon Jones Goes Off on Dan Henderson over UFC 151, Past Comments
“There’s some unfinished business, for sure. I don’t think Henderson handled the situation wisely, by making fun of me for not taking the fight (against Sonnen). Dude, you just dodged a bullet and you’re talking trash to me? You got injured and you’re going to talk trash that I didn’t fight Chael?

He came out with this ad that said, ‘Buy a Hendo shirt and get a free Jon Jones shirt to dry your car off with.’ You’re making fun of me, yet you got hurt and dodged a bullet? You’re sitting at home with ice on your knee and I’m here doing pushups again because I thought my camp should have been over. I have stuff to do and you’re sitting around your home playing video games, or whatever you do during the day.”

“Training camps suck, bro. Training camps suck. The fight is the fun part. So I’ve got to suffer all over again, do a training camp all over again, and you’re at home, laying down, having somebody feed you soup and you’re going to make fun of me because you got hurt? You should shut up and be grateful you dodged a bullet.”

“There are a lot of people who still love and respect me, but right now it’s kind of cool to hate me. I do something and it’s the worst thing in the world. Then when someone else does it, it’s almost OK. Chael says all this crazy stuff, but then I say something slight and it’s like, ‘Oh, that was the cockiest thing I’ve ever heard.’ Dan Henderson called me a kid 1,000 times leading up to that fight and we never even fought. I call him an old man once and the whole world was like, ‘You freakin’ age discriminator. You’re such a bad person. Wow, I can’t get away with anything and everyone else does pretty much whatever they want.”

“I think a good win helps people forget about the negativity. I think it reminds people why they’re here, why I’m here. I’m not really here to be the perfect character or the perfect person people love. I’m here because I’m a great entertainer. I give you guys blood and the things you want to see. I’m here to fight for people, not for all the extra side stuff. I just want to reward the fans with a great fight, so they can remember why they’re all supposed to be here.”

Can't stress enough how badly I want to see Bisping get knocked out again. That alone would make the PPV worthwhile to me.

Hopefully I get back home in time tonight from the game.

How long does it usually take you to get home?

You might make it for the Bisping/Stann fight if the first two fights go the distance and the game goes quickly. Everything would have to go right for that to happen. I'm guessing you'll make it home for the main event if it's a short drive.

MMA - Building the perfect fighter to defeat Jon Jones - ESPN

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones' run of domination is no coincidence. Boasting an arsenal of unique physical gifts and superior technical skills, he has just about cleaned out the light heavyweight division, once considered the deepest and most skilled division in the UFC.

Anybody with insider wanna hook me up with the article? Wonder why it's insider when it's just a what if question and opinion. Combine Silva's skills with Lesnars brute strength and Carwins knockout punch, Jones can be beaten. lol

Despite it being pointless, am a little interested about what they say.

I think I jinxed him

Yeah haha. Nah, I expected Bisping to win. Thought Stann could knock him out but Bisping is the better fighter. Hate it. Wish he was always on the receiving end of an H-bomb.

Jones did what I expected. Exactly how I pictured it minus Vitor almost tapping him out. Wish he had. Guessing it's over now.

VN Store

Back