Uga dies

I bet UGA will have a 24/7 helpline for the fans. Sometime doing the week show the funeral on tv at the stadium. The most fans ever at sanford stadium

this just in, Bear Bryant has just been confirmed dead as well. Bama fans remain in denial and insist that he's just sipping sweet tea with Elvis on a riverboat somewhere on the Mississippi.

"Uga VI, who became UGA's mascot in 1999, was the son of Uga V, the only college mascot ever to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated"

Wasn't Smoky on the cover once as part of a collage?

It...it's not something I like to talk about.

:eek:lol: Nice. It's sad to see UGA die. He truly is one of the great mascots in college football and was a beautiful animal. Let's hope that the next UGA in line is as successful against UT as the previous!

No offense to UGA but i personally think it is the ugliest dog on the planet. I can barely tell one end from the other...

Uga VI to be buried Monday at Sanford Stadium

Owner Seiler stresses ceremony will be private

By CHIP TOWERS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/29/08

Athens — Whatchaya Got Loran, better known to the world as Uga VI, will be laid to rest Monday afternoon at 3 p.m. at Sanford Stadium.

The University of Georgia's pure white English bulldog mascot passed away Friday night of heart failure. He was a month shy of his 10th birthday.

Like his five predecessors, Uga VI will be interred in specially-built marble vault built into the side of the south grandstands just inside the main gate of the southwest side of the stadium. According to UGA, it is the only school that buries its mascots within the confines of the stadium.

A private ceremony will precede the burial. The Rev. Claude McBride, a Baptist preacher and former chaplain for the football team, will officiate. UGA president Michael Adams will be among those to make remarks.

"Every time I go through another one of these it's just as hard," said Sonny Seiler, a Savannah lawyer whose family has provided all of UGA's mascots since 1956.

Though UGA VI could not have had a more public life, Seiler emphasized that this is not a public ceremony.

"I don't want people to think that can come to the stadium, find a seat and watch," Seiler said. "So many people don't understand that this is a family pet."

Few pets have been beloved by so many. At previous burials, fans have peered in from a respectful distance atop Sanford Bridge. As of Sunday afternoon, there were nearly 600 entries in Uga VI's guestbook on ajc.com.

Most were from Georgia fans offering condolences to the Seilers and thanking them for their efforts. Then there was "Lucy," who claimed to be a Maltese from North Port, Fla.

Photo # 9 - "A bouquet of flowers from the Arkansas Razorback mascot, Tusk, featured a condolence card, which reads "Condolences on the passing of a legend, you were the one that set the standards for all Mascot programs everywhere. You may be replaced but you will never be forgotten."

Gallery | Uga VI funeral | Photo 3 | ajc.com

Come on, kids, it's a mascot. Have a little heart. Most of us know how sad it is to lose a dog.

All due respect to UGA VI. Rest in peace.

That being said, I think GA should consider going back to their original mascot: the majestic Goat.

Not only is it a noble animal, but it also can eat and digest almost anything. This would be an ideal mascot to help stomach all the painful losses they are bound for in the future.
goat.jpeg

Another doggie bites the dust! Seems that most of these types of dogs don't live past 10 years.

VN Store

Back