UGA settles lawsuit from fatal wreck

Savannahbayvol

real classy Georgia. Fire the employee after she sues the Athletic Association for grievous injuries suffered. So the driver was an employee, had numerous speeding violations including 2 Super Speeder convictions, she was driving a car leased by the Athletic Association and they actually thought they weren't liable?

This type of stuff goes on at every program. UGA just gets singled out because of how great of a program they are. And Coach Kirby's strict discipline policy will assure nothing like this will ever happen again.

real classy Georgia. Fire the employee after she sues the Athletic Association for grievous injuries suffered. So the driver was an employee, had numerous speeding violations including 2 Super Speeder convictions, she was driving a car leased by the Athletic Association and they actually thought they weren't liable?

A lot of "doing the right thing" goes out the window once the attorneys get involved. Rightfully so. Lawyers have a duty to represent their client and act in the client's best interest. They do not have a duty to perform within any "do the right thing" code.

Reactions: LouderVol and hog88
I don't suppose there's anything wrong with this if she got that in that car in a work capacity, which I am willing to suppose she did. I don't know that she has any claim against Carter, but that's just me.

Always terribly tragic when somebody dies because they rode with a dumb person. Personally I never really get over these stories, even about total strangers. Even getting hurt from dumb is sad, and of course it happens a lot. Don't ride with a dumb person.

Reactions: onevol74
I don't suppose there's anything wrong with this if she got that in that car in a work capacity, which I am willing to suppose she did. I don't know that she has any claim against Carter, but that's just me.

Always terribly tragic when somebody dies because they rode with a dumb person. Personally I never really get over these stories, even about total strangers. Even getting hurt from dumb is sad, and of course it happens a lot. Don't ride with a dumb person.
UGA's out in all of this was that they evidently did have an official, documented policy that the cars the University leased were to be used for recruiting purposes only. The fact that LeCroy was drunk, had multiple prior speeding tickets, is irrelevant because she was explicitly unauthorized to use the vehicle for the purpose she used it for.

I also don't see how she has any claim against Jalen Carter. It seems like she would have a case against LeCroy's estate. The whole thing is just so sad.

UGA's out in all of this was that they evidently did have an official, documented policy that the cars the University leased were to be used for recruiting purposes only. The fact that LeCroy was drunk, had multiple prior speeding tickets, is irrelevant because she was explicitly unauthorized to use the vehicle for the purpose she used it for.

I also don't see how she has any claim against Jalen Carter. It seems like she would have a case against LeCroy's estate. The whole thing is just so sad.

Your point is well taken but I saw in another article that there were e-mails showing that the employees were allowed to take the cars home at night so apparently the policy wasn't enforced that strictly. With her driving record I am surprised UGA let her anywhere near a car leased by the Association. In fact I am kind of surprised with 4 speeding violations including 2 Super Speeding ones she still had a license.

P.S.- just saw in another article an Employee of the Association went to court with her on her 4th offense to try to get the fine reduced so obviously they knew of her driving record.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back