UK and the NCAA

VOLnMiami

I was reading over on catspause just now and they are over there saying "This game means nothing, We are in the NCAA's"...now explain to me how a team with 12 losses...I repeat..12 losses..with losses to Gardner Webb, San Diego, UGA and a 41 point shellacking at Vanderbilt gets into the NCAA's???...If they get in then its clear evidence of preferential treatment by the NCAA...They are no better than a NIT team anyways...Sorry but this bugs me:furious3:

the team went 12-4 in the sec. granted the sec isn't very good but that is a very good record. take a objective view of uk instead of the team you hate so much. i think they are one of the 65 best teams in the country RIGHT now. maybe not in december but they are now.

Thats the thing..I am taking an objective view..A clear headed view..A top 65 team doesn't lose those games...EVER...Not in that fashion...UF lost some games too but they are NIT bound and they have a better record than UK...Makes no sense

I think winning 12 SEC conference games should almost always get you in.

Listening to talk radio here in Nashville, some guy went through the selection process and said they don't put a lot into conference record when selecting teams, which isn't good news for the Wildcats.

If there is ever a case for a 12 conference win team not getting in, this is as close as you're going to get. That being said, I think they should be in. 12 conference wins that include wins over UT and Vandy. Have no problem with UK getting in. They improved.

Thats the thing..I am taking an objective view..A clear headed view..A top 65 team doesn't lose those games...EVER...Not in that fashion...UF lost some games too but they are NIT bound and they have a better record than UK...Makes no sense
So, Gonzaga and St. Mary's shouldn't be in the tournament?

As a team in the SEC, everyone should be pulling for KY to get in. If 12 conference wins dont get them in, then that would be a slap in the face to the SEC regardless if you hate KY or not!

An objective veiw would also include looking at the fact that Fla didn't play anyone out of conference, has a SOS in the 90's. Sure KY had some bad loses but a lot of teams that are on the bubble also had the same type of loses. You can not just look at records, look at the what they did agaisnt teams ine conference and against a much better schedule that FLA.

Listening to talk radio here in Nashville, some guy went through the selection process and said they don't put a lot into conference record when selecting teams, which isn't good news for the Wildcats.

Whoever that guy is doesn't know anything about what he's saying. The committee has put conference schedule towards the top of the list for many, many years.

Whoever that guy is doesn't know anything about what he's saying. The committee has put conference schedule towards the top of the list for many, many years.

Yep.

ESPNU had a segment where one of the Committee guys came in and explained how the selection process works. Conference record goes a long ways.

As a team in the SEC, everyone should be pulling for KY to get in. If 12 conference wins dont get them in, then that would be a slap in the face to the SEC regardless if you hate KY or not!

I usually agree with you about the SEC, but I would smile at UK not getting in... Then I could enjoy reading catspause.

Yep.

ESPNU had a segment where one of the Committee guys came in and explained how the selection process works. Conference record goes a long ways.
great, then Memphis will be the top overall seed, no debate about it, right?

Big Blue Nation travels well and they always bring plenty of money with them. Just the name Kentucky brings automatic recognition. Remember 7 NCAA titles. It will always be hard not to include them even if their record is mediocre.

VN Store

Back