Ulysses Alexander

Vol67

The Nephew of hip-hop 2LiveCrew found member Luther Campbell has signed a letter of intent to attend UT. He picked UT over Miss State and it is a direct result of Trooper Taylor.

Since he's not rated that highly I guess they think maybe he's a sleeper.

At 6'6, he probably the tallest receiver out there. Now if he just has some hands and speed.

The 6'6" sounds like another David Martin. A good 3rd down posession reciever at UT and basically a little quicker TE. I felt like UT did not know at the time how to fully utilize Martin. Could have been a number of reasons. This guy, if he can develop, should be a great option in the Orange Zone with his height. Of course, I am speaking on height alone. What kind of wheels does he have? Good Hands?

With his height he could make quite a impact. Has anyone seen Marcus Monk at Arkansas? He is 6'6" -6'7" and makes it look easy. With that height it naturally makes it extremly difficult to guard especially with the vison and height that we have QB. If he has some speed and you add in the incredible talent that already exists it WR for UT the question will be.. who will our opponent put their best man on? Oh what fun this should be!!

First of all, it is being reported by Hubbs and some others that UA will be a gray shirt. He does not have 4.4 speed, closer to 4.6. Apparently, he was on a HS team loaded with WRs and didn't get a ton of passes thrown his way. Apparently has a 44" vertical and has the grades.

I've seen several people mention that he was drafted to be Demeat's room-mate, but I suspect CPF sees some ability in this kid. Time will prove or disprove all.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 2, 2005 3:55 PM

I've seen several people mention that he was drafted to be Demeat's room-mate,

I doubt we would use a scholarship just to get a player a roommate

The guy has to be a sleeper, I seriously doubt we would have signed just any 2 star receiver

i got a good feeling about this guy..i know some people in florida that has he is a really good talent.

Either the kid is a sleeper, he is D Morley's roommate, or we wanted to start some relationships with this school for the future.

according to rivals.com

he's 6'4 186 and runs a 4.47

he suffered from a nagging groin injury, which probably effected his rating greatly.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 2, 2005 11:52 AM
At 6'6, he probably the tallest receiver out there. Now if he just has some hands and speed.

Oregon State has been recruiting tall recievers, usually 6'4" or 6'5" and taller for the last couple years and it has been working great.

I wonder if UA knows the words to Uncle Luther's hit...

"Hey we want some _ _ _ _ _!"

:dlol:

CPF was in Nashville today and commented on Ulysses. Said he's 6'5", 200 pounds. He had been on our radar last year but dropped off due to injuries. Said TT saw him at a FL HS all-star camp and that TT was impressed. He didn't have good numbers in HS because his HS team ran the ball most of the time and didn't do a lot of passing.

Danny Ainge's nephew passing to Luther Campbell's nephew. No one could have ever dreamed this up back in the 90's. Sounds like Trooper has made an excellent find. Maybe not the highest rated WR, but sounds like tons of potential, and I like that he's got the grades.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 4, 2005 12:54 AM
Maybe not the highest rated WR, but sounds like tons of potential, and I like that he's got the grades.

I read somewhere that the reason he wasn't scouted high is because he was hardly scouted at all for whatever reason. I will see if I can find what I read earlier and get back to ya.

If anybody caught the interview on 990 on Wednesday, this kid apparently was so impressed with Trooper Taylor that he signed a letter of intent without ever stepping foot on campus. I wonder if this guy even knows where Knoxville is. He is very respectful, I am impressed with a kid from high school whose responses are Yes Sir and No Sir.

His comments were that he was an unassuming guy and that he will let his talents speak for him. He also said that the entire high school was at his signing. Supposedly, he is quite popular. Maybe that is because of his relatives, I don't know.

I agree with several comments on this thread, I believe he is a sleeper and with his height, he doesn't need the speed to shield a db for a catch. Most importantly though, Freak makes a point he is from Miami, doesn't hurt to have another guy from that area. Phil ain't dumb, he knows what he is doing.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 4, 2005 12:54 AM
Danny Ainge's nephew passing to Luther Campbell's nephew. No one could have ever dreamed this up back in the 90's. Sounds like Trooper has made an excellent find. Maybe not the highest rated WR, but sounds like tons of potential, and I like that he's got the grades.

:lolup:

never thought about that. :dlol:

Yeah, I know 3rd post about Ulysses. CTT told some folks in Memphis last night that he was at a FL HS all-star practice to watch Morley. Said UA was wearing Morley out.

Originally posted by BWeller18@Feb 2, 2005 8:56 PM
according to rivals.com

he's 6'4 186 and runs a 4.47

he suffered from a nagging groin injury, which probably effected his rating greatly.

yeah seriously where are you all gettin these stats rivals says clear as day 6'4 186 and runs a 4.47
another thing.. he has to be incredible just listen to that name!

VN Store

Back