Undefeated Seasons

surrealvol

Hey, somebody do a little research and just for the fun of it, let all of us know who all has finished the season undefeated in football and both men and women's basketball, Division I. Try both regular season and then plus bowl games and tournaments. By the way, I do not mean in the same year at the same school. Just talking about undefeated seasons wherever and whenever.

Go back to, say, 1980 or so, or whatever year floats your boat as to a starting point.

First one to get it on the board here gets a major attaboy!!!!!!! :rocks:

(Plus a major "good job" from lio!) I guess I can add that...

This is not researched, so I probably missing a lot of teams, but off the top of my head:

Football: Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, BYU, Michigan, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, TCU, Utah . . .

Men's Basketball - the only one I can think of is UNLV.

Men's Basketball - Tennessee, UCONN and I think La Tech may have done it also.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 6, 2005 6:31 PM
This is not researched, so I probably missing a lot of teams, but off the top of my head:

Football: Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, BYU, Michigan, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, TCU, Utah . . .

Men's Basketball - the only one I can think of is UNLV.

Men's Basketball - Tennessee, UCONN and I think La Tech may have done it also.

unlv did not do it.
they got beat by duke in the title game.

the last college b-ball team was the 76 indiana team i think.

That's right. I was mixing up years. UNLV beat Duke for the Nat'l title in '90 and then went undefeated all the way up until the title game in '91 when Duke beat them.

Indiana was the last team in basketball to do it. 1972. It also looks like we are going to have to wait another year to see it.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly+Mar 6, 2005 6:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (checkerboard_charly @ Mar 6, 2005 6:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Mar 6, 2005 6:31 PM

Football:  Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, BYU, Michigan, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, TCU, Utah . . .

Men&#39;s Basketball - the only one I can think of is UNLV.

Men&#39;s Basketball - Tennessee, UCONN and I think La Tech may have done it also.

unlv did not do it.

the last college b-ball team was the 76 indiana team i think. [/quote]
you have the wrong year. they did go undefeated

Originally posted by JSB2277+Mar 6, 2005 10:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Mar 6, 2005 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 6, 2005 6:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GAVol
@Mar 6, 2005 6:31 PM

Football:  Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, BYU, Michigan, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, TCU, Utah . . .

Men&#39;s Basketball - the only one I can think of is UNLV.

Men&#39;s Basketball - Tennessee, UCONN and I think La Tech may have done it also.

unlv did not do it.

the last college b-ball team was the 76 indiana team i think.

you have the wrong year. they did go undefeated [/quote]
who indiana or unlv?

unlv did not go undefeated....they won the championship in 91 but did lose a couple..... then the next year they went all the way to the title game, but duke spoiled that run.

and if u are saying the hoosiers, im pretty sure it was the 76 team that went undefeated. check ur research. :question:

I looked up UNLV. They lost 5 games in 1990 and then lost just one - the title game - in 1991.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 6, 2005 10:16 PM
I looked up UNLV. They lost 5 games in 1990 and then lost just one - the title game - in 1991.

thanks for backing me up GA.

hard as hell to go undefeated in d-1 mens hoops.

Yeah. It is fairly common in football, but for it to happen in basketball, a team must be truly great.

unlv lost in the national semis to duke in 1991, for what it&#39;s worth

VN Store

Back