Underdogs . . . again

I always think that when an underdog is -3 or less, then they cannot produce a clear favorite. And if you haven't notice, the Vols and A&M ARE pretty evenly matched.

The only thing that makes this different from most bowl games though is that this will basically be a home game for A&M.

It's Texas, so I think that means they will just mosey.

Naw GAVol we have started driving these things I think they call cars. We got rid of all the walking and riding horses. To much pain and mess to clean up after the horses. :D :D

Granted our trip won't be near as far as you guys, but yes this will be a short trip for us. However, remember it takes 18 hours to go east to west in our state, it's pretty big so people in El Paso and places out there and deep at the tip of Texas still have to travel like 10 hours to get there. Nothing like the flight you would have to make but far all the same.

Realistically though it will take most AGS about 4-5 hours to get there b/c of the big cities being Houston, Austin and of course College Station.

How many of you will be coming to the game?

Gig'em

I would like to just to visit Dallas again, but I haven't got money for bowl tickets, let alone a boarding pass for a plane.

Come on, what does Vegas know? We were underdoggies for the SECCG against Auburn and ......... :blink: oh wait...........

Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 10, 2004 10:14 AM
We didn't even give Auburn a chance at making the spread, though.

No we didn't, I guess that is a small victory. The game could have been worse, that is for sure. I think that by keeping the game close, we ruined Auburn's slight chance at the national title. While that is bad for the SEC, I am happy with it. It sucks to lose to Auburn 3 times in 2 years.

its good for us... we always play better that way. In the last 2 years we sorta entered the bowls as the team that shouldve gotten a better bowl.. we need to go in there and take care of bussiness this time.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 9, 2004 10:28 PM
The only thing that makes this different from most bowl games though is that this will basically be a home game for A&M.

isnt it rule of thumb pretty much home field advantage is worth 3 points?

I think so. We're going to have another edge of your seat, chewing on fingernails, heart-pounding, OMG what did I do to deserve this agony kinda game, again. lol.

I think so. We're going to have another edge of your seat, chewing on fingernails, heart-pounding, OMG what did I do to deserve this agony kinda game, again. lol.

I know what you mean...try having 3 outta 4 consecutive games being played in OT and the 4th being one play away from OT.

try 4th quarter against Florida, who in my opinion is the biggest rival of UT,missing an extra point making it 28-27 Florida. Then getting the ball back driving down, and kicking a 50 yarder to win it at the end of the game...I know there was more suspensful events, but I still shutter at the thought of the extra point, and the 50 yarder.

VN Store

Back