Unintended Consequences: Major companies ask Colorado residents not to apply for remote positions

Why either way?

Even if they post potential earnings it will be a range that just comes with caveats.

It's not like any company is going to say: straight white male with half a high school diploma makes 50k, transgender minority dual PhD 35k.

And as an employee even if the posting is for an exact amount you got to have that conversation with your employer before you assume it's yours.

The cumbersome argument is flat out bs, its eleven letters, one special character and then 7 to 10 digits. If you can tweet it, it's not cumbersome.

I just dont get why, all around.

Wild.

Who is applying for jobs without knowing up front what the pay range is? That's insane.

Why either way?

Even if they post potential earnings it will be a range that just comes with caveats.

It's not like any company is going to say: straight white male with half a high school diploma makes 50k, transgender minority dual PhD 35k.

And as an employee even if the posting is for an exact amount you got to have that conversation with your employer before you assume it's yours.

The cumbersome argument is flat out bs, its eleven letters, one special character and then 7 to 10 digits. If you can tweet it, it's not cumbersome.

I just dont get why, all around.
Actually I’d guess it gets back to the taboo insinuation of pay scale manipulation to HR depts. Due to labor laws which they take VERY seriously they want to avoid any perception of pay scale manipulation. While most competent HR depts know what the going rate is on a skill set the dont openly talk about it. Thus… they just choose to not let CO in their sandbox to play. This is totally stupid on CO and I hope their idiot citizens recognize the well deserved backlash.

Actually I’d guess it gets back to the taboo insinuation of pay scale manipulation to HR depts. Due to labor laws which they take VERY seriously they want to avoid any perception of pay scale manipulation. While most competent HR depts know what the going rate is on a skill set the dont openly talk about it. Thus… they just choose to not let CO in their sandbox to play. This is totally stupid on CO and I hope their idiot citizens recognize the well deserved backlash.
That's what I was thinking with the labor laws, why the pay posting? It's like someone said, more laws for the sake of laws.

Surely because we didnt get what we thought we were going to get the first time, doubling down a second time will work right?

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back