Up to date standings (Sat night)

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Will call the Vanderbilt game a final even though there in some sort of lighting delay. Think they're waiting for electricity in Starkville :)

Tennessee 9 Auburn 3
Mississippi 5 Alabama 4
LSU 9 Kentucky 11
Georgia 3 Florida 4
So Carolina 3 Arkansas 2
Vanderbilt 10 Miss State 5 (8th inn)

FL 18-7 -- (plays SC next week)
SC 18-7 --
AR 16-9 2.0 (holds tiebreaker over OM)
OM 16-9 2.0
AU 15-10 3.0
VU 13-10 4.0
LS 12-13 6.0 (holds tiebreaker over TN)
TN 12-13 6.0
KY 10-15 8.0 (holds tiebreaker over AL)
AL 10-15 8.0
MS 5-20 13.0
GA 3-20 14.0

So, as I said earlier today. With our win and Alabama's loss we are in catbird seat. Vols have 2 game lead over UK and AL with only 5 games to play.

Technically, the Vols have a 2.5 game lead over UK due to tiebreaker)

Vols are basically 1/2 game back of LSU due to tiebreaker. Wins by UK would be bad in some respect but good in another as Vols could get to 7th.

LSU hosts Miss State next week I think so we should be more concerned about KY than LSU as we control our destiny for 8th.

It's possible if KY continues to play well that LS,TN and KY could be tied for 7th at 12-15. Heck if AL comes back from Fri lost then we could have a 4 way tie at 7th.

In that scenario,LSU and KY have the advantage of playing the 2 worst teams next weekend. While TN have the disadvantage of playing each other.

I don't think KY can beat LSU and I don't think AL can beat OM twice.

By the end of the weekend, here is my projected standings

7 LSU 14-13
8 TN 12-15
9 AL 11-16
10 KY 10-17

In this scenario, KY would actually be eliminated. Why?
They would be forced to sweep GA to pass the Vols and hope the Vols would be swept by AL. However, AL would be ahead by 1 game.

Obviously you're saying UT loses the series. I don't think that'll be the case.

This is what needs to happen for Vols to be in 8 spot...pretty simple and from glass half empty perspective:

Vols win 2 more in SEC (win Bama series, drop 2 to Auburn)
Bama lose 1 more to Ole Miss, lose series to us
Kentucky finish 4-1

That puts TN and UK at 14 wins and Bama at 12...we win tiebreaker over UK due to head to head...we really have to hope UK doesn't sweep LSU as they play UGA next weekend...if UK wins next 2 against LSU then it gets interesting because of their UGA matchup next week

If we get into the SECT, how many games do the Vols have to win to reach the CWS

If we get into the SECT, how many games do the Vols have to win to reach the CWS

Regionals: 3 at the minimum if they win the first and second game. 4 is the max if they lose one of the first two then win out.

SuperRegionals: 2 of 3.

Answer 5 to 6 games to their first CWS since 2005.

Sorry, not to Omaha, I just meant to get to the NCAAT

If they get to Hoover I like their chances. They can't go there and lay a total egg though. If they can win 4 of their last 6 that should do it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
So if they just get to Hoover, they get to a regional?

Hmm...for some reason I thought we went to Hoover and missed the NCAAT a few years back.

Hmm...for some reason I thought we went to Hoover and missed the NCAAT a few years back.

THIS year, 8 teams are essentially a lock go make a regional.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obviously I don't know the deal, but I guess it's exactly like college basketball.

That was the year (2007) Delmonico got canned. They made the SECT, beat Vandy (ranked 1 or 2 that year)... lost the next two. Miss St went to the NCAAT and did not make the SECT that year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back