Upcoming Vol Football

toddbond007

Okay, very simple open ended question... How many timez this season will I be a happy man??? AND Why???

I think we will probably lose one somewhere along the way because we play in the toughest conference in the country, not the PACIFIER 10. So, it is asking a heck of a lot to expect these guys to win them all.

They may pull it off, but I sorta doubt it. I hope they do, of course, and I will be more than happy if they do. But reality is a harsh taskmaster and the SEC is a killer when it comes to trying to be undefeated. EVERYTHING has to fall into place.

So Go Vols and let's find a way to get to the ROSE BOWL, BABY!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

The Rose Bowl would be nice, but I would really like to give Steve Spurrier :furious3: :gun: a whoopin' he won't forget in the near future.

Originally posted by pedigovolfan@Mar 22, 2005 3:21 PM
The Rose Bowl would be nice, but I would really like to give Steve Spurrier :furious3: :gun: a whoopin' he won't forget in the near future.

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 22, 2005 1:52 PM
How we gonna do it tho, whos gonna step up??? Offense, Defense, or (Dare I say) Special Teams???

WOW!! you have no confidence in our team!! We have 18 starters back let me say it again 18 starters back!! We also return Wilhoit! And we have Colquitt's little brother to punt and if the genes are any indication we are ok there too!!!

As for the return game we have numerous players to choose from including the freshman we have coming in!!

So why did you ask this question again?

As of the last few seasons i would definitely say that the return/ return defense has not been up to par by vol fans standards... am i correct???

Give me the facts on how were gonna get there... u gotta play flawless football to go undefeated... the real question is... Can Ainge put the team on his shoulders all the way to the Rose Bowl??? Is he a mature enuff player yet???

You need a lot more than Erik Ainge to win a national championship. Its more than just one player putting the team on his shoulders and winning a championship. If it was that easy Peyton Manning would have won 3 NC's.

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 22, 2005 5:03 PM
Give me the facts on how were gonna get there... u gotta play flawless football to go undefeated... the real question is... Can Ainge put the team on his shoulders all the way to the Rose Bowl??? Is he a mature enuff player yet???

Why are you even asking theses questions? Every year no matter what school you are at or school you cheer for your goal is to win a national title! You could still have one returning starter and your goal is to win a national title!

Maybe a good alternate to the goal of a NC would be to beat Alabama so bad that they give up on football and burn their stadium to the ground (while their band plays Rocky Top)

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 22, 2005 8:00 PM
one loss. that will be to lsu i am afraid.

bcs top 3 by the end of the year. and hey, we can go to the rose bowl with one loss.

Not worried at all LSU lost both starting corners and Marcus Spears on the DL and I believe there middle linebacker #55....Now there offense is going to be something else they have a lot of people back.

I think a perfect season is attainable. We don't need to play flawless football, we just need to make less mistakes than our opponent. Although I kinda like Plano Vol's goal. I think our offense will be red hot. The defense will be a little questionable, but I think they will be better than last year. "God, some help in the secondary would be awesome." Special teams obviously has been questionable. But from my understanding, special teams has been a big focus this spring. I can't wait till we properly welcome Urban to the SEC and say hi to our old friend and his Gamecocks in Knoxville.

I thnik this will be an extremely slow year 4 meyer... Florida is lots diff than Utah... Good news... Should be a rebuilding year in Gainesville

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 23, 2005 6:16 AM
I thnik this will be an extremely slow year 4 meyer... Florida is lots diff than Utah... Good news... Should be a rebuilding year in Gainesville

Urban Myer was complaining about Zook's position placement for his players. Zook just went out and recruited the top notch players and according to how many stars were next to their name. Meyer was complaing that he didnt have enough players at certain positions. He was also talking about moving guys around from offense to defense and if they didnt perform they wouldnt be on the team. He sounds serious but i think he may needs a year or 2.

Originally posted by VolFantotheBone@Mar 23, 2005 1:02 AM
I think a perfect season is attainable. We don't need to play flawless football, we just need to make less mistakes than our opponent. Although I kinda like Plano Vol's goal. I think our offense will be red hot. The defense will be a little questionable, but I think they will be better than last year. "God, some help in the secondary would be awesome." Special teams obviously has been questionable. But from my understanding, special teams has been a big focus this spring. I can't wait till we properly welcome Urban to the SEC and say hi to our old friend and his Gamecocks in Knoxville.

i think its the other way around. our defense will be dominant. and with the qb situation going on, it will be our offense who is suspect.

top 10 defense in the nation this year. wait and see.

That's the way it was supposed to be last season, and look what happened...

Chavis needs to rule this season or else I may begin suspecting something's up.

Randy now gets it!! Did you not see the Cotton Bowl his play calling was on fire!!! We will be fine!

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 23, 2005 6:16 AM

i totally disagree. he went undefeated with 2 star players. now he has some of the best in the country. florida will be very very tough. keep telling ursefelf that they wont and u will start to believe it i guess. but it will not happen.

zook is an idiot an they had us beat, and we turned a miracle.

plus we have to go to the swamp guys.

i know we all hate florida but why should we overlook them and say they suck, when we all know that they are good.

watch what u say. it will slap u in the face 4 fold.

VN Store

Back