Updated Director's Cup standings!!!

Time graphs are cool, and very revealing to follow.

I noticed we didn't get the bump we needed from Beach Volleyball.
Time to fahr somebody.

Reactions: Vol-e-ball
UT finished #6 an all-time best. And our Track and Field program still has LOTS of room for improvement. Great job by D. White and ALL involved. https://twitter.com/direct_cupdates?lang=en
Glad we did well but IMO it's a pretty lame award considering the criticisms cited in the article below. I doubt our standing could legitimately be criticized but there are some schools that score well just by the number of "minor" sports they offer.

NACDA Directors' Cup - Wikipedia

Reactions: VolnGermany
I'm tired of comparing us to schools who win championships in tiddly-winks when it comes to all sports championships. Sorry, but when all schools do not have lacrosse, men's gymnastics, cricket, and frisbee golf teams they should not count.

I'll die on this hill.

Tennessee, which previously secured its third consecutive SEC All-Sports Trophy, backed up its “Everything School” self-proclamation with six sports recording top-five finishes and 11 of its 20 teams achieving top-10 finishing during this academic year.

We take great pride in being the ‘Everything School’,” Tennessee Director of Athletics/Vice Chancellor Danny White said in a statement on Wednesday.

Tennessee also accomplished another program-first during the 2023-2024 year as “all 20 sports at Tennessee reached the postseason (NCAAs and a bowl game) for the first time in school history en route to UT’s record third-place finish” according to UT Athletics.

Last edited:
Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back