US Steel is no longer "US", but it is good for the "US"

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Gaslighting turned up to 11...

1703034044079.png
Why US Steel sale could be good for American manufacturing, according to one analyst

The analyst says industry consolidation in the US has led to higher steel prices for domestic buyers, fueling a continued trend of off-shoring manufacturing to places like China and other markets. This spurs an increase in steel imports that have already been processed into the format needed for final assembly.

"If another [US-based] steelmaker would have bought out US Steel, and it was just consolidation within the market, I think it would have led to higher prices and eventually more off-shoring of manufacturing and the import of steel-intensive goods," said Spoores.

Maybe this Josh Spoores guy doesn't realize we have anti-trust laws? In his defense, I can understand why since we don't enforce them anymore and allow 3-4 big competitors in every sector/industry in this country.

Gaslighting turned up to 11...

View attachment 603400
Why US Steel sale could be good for American manufacturing, according to one analyst

Maybe this Josh Spoores guy doesn't realize we have anti-trust laws? In his defense, I can understand why since we don't enforce them anymore and allow 3-4 big competitors in every sector/industry in this country.

Look at you advocating for centralized government government control of the market.

Tariffs are what allowed domestic prices to soar.

VN Store

Back