Usc Will Struggle

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
they are going to struggle this year without chow. it lloks like he might be heading out to tennessee to be oc for the titans. i read an article saying something like carrol dont treat him with enough respect. also the money he will be makeing in the nfl wont hurt either.

I am sure USC will miss Chow but I'm not sure I would go as far as saying they will struggle.

maybe struggle isnt the word. maybe it is there offensive production will be lower. if he is gone i think everyone will be back in the hunt to beat them in the nc game.

I see, you mean they will make it to the NC game but will struggle to win it. :lol: Could be.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 3, 2005 7:39 PM
if he is gone i think everyone will be back in the hunt to beat them in the nc game.

:dlol: :shakehead:

Interesting definition of the word "struggle".

I'm thinking if Chow goes, the writing has to be on the wall for McNair, as Norm likes a young gun running his show. Is Volek the guy that they want running the show?

He's pretty much considering the NFL OC job as a means to get his own big-time program to coach at the college level. I would say that if he sticks around USC, which I think he will, he will get at least somewhat high-level offers if USC wins another national title this year. If not, he will go to the pros for a little while before making his return to the college game as a HC.

If he does well in the NFL as a OC, then why not a "big-time" head coach job in the NFL?? Best of the best is in the NFL.

From what I remember, I think Chow aims for a college position more than an NFL. And I don't think you necesarilly have to be better coaching NFL vs. college is very different. NFL is closer to being a team manager while in college, you actually coach.

The only difference in the NFL would be the managing of money (salary cap), but to say that there is more coaching from the head coach in college is ludicrous.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 4, 2005 1:09 AM
I'm thinking if Chow goes, the writing has to be on the wall for McNair, as Norm likes a young gun running his show. Is Volek the guy that they want running the show?

If Volek is the starter this year, I'd feel comfortable with it to be honest with you....He's not a bad QB......But if McNair is going to be the starter this year which is probable that's fine because I'd feel comfortable either way....But if Chow likes a younger guy running his offense then McNair might be out but who knows?

VN Store

Back